The Labour Government

The amounts that come through devolution though are always going to be pathetic. The regions need an astronomic amount of investment to put them on par with equivalents in Europe. We know that's expensive but it's required because they've never had it before and they've fallen behind.

Areas such as Manchester and Birmingham and others in the North East should be manufacturing powerhouses akin to Munich, Hamburg etc but they're a million miles away. The service sector has since taken over and the unskilled/skilled manufacturing jobs have all been replaced by automation or those jobs have been sent abroad.

I think this regionalisation problem is the primary reason why Brexit happened but also it's why events such as today are starting to occur. The regions are losing pace and people are becoming poorer. When this happens people turn to their prejudices. The response from Labour unfortunately so far though is ignorance and the Tories were the same.
I agree with every word.

Unfortunately, despite all the 'patriots' we do not have that sense of national solidarity that enabled the German government to spend bucketloads on the East. In this country, it would be described as taking money from hard-working people to give to layabouts in the North/West.

The last time we had a genuinely pro-Northern ruler was Richard III. And his greatest problem was that he upset the Southern establishment which gripped this country even then.

How you change this I don't know, as it's asking too much for people to realise that the more you invest in outlying areas the more they will grow in economic terms and thus the less of a burden they will be.

I'm over in the Isle of Man this weekend.

Earlier I was wigging a conversation between a couple of rich Tories on the train complaining Robot Reeves is going is going to tax their personal savings to fuck and close some corporation tax dodge that one was opening gloating about not having to pay.

Be interesting If that occurs.

I'm over in the Isle of Man this weekend.

Earlier I was wigging a conversation between a couple of rich Tories on the train complaining Robot Reeves is going is going to tax their personal savings to fuck and close some corporation tax dodge that one was opening gloating about not having to pay.

Be interesting If that occurs.
How ‘rich’ were they?

Starmer is off on holiday next week apparently. Good job there's nothing going on.
Cheeky bastard, I fucked off to Portugal with my kids/grandkids for 10 days but still managed to post on here.

Planned with military precision though, getting that comms issue sorted was a must.

Labour has promised more devolution, but we'll see.

You know, not everyone sees devolution as a Good Thing. People say things like: 'Just giving more money to Burnham to waste.' Because incredibly, some still have great faith in the Man In Whitehall, even though that man can't tell Stopes from Somerset or Sunderland.

As ever, it's partly down to us. We have a population that is often embittered, cynical, and hostile to any change, good or bad alike. One thing I would like to see is PR voting at the local level. This would end the 'One Party States' which are not good for faith in democracy.

Stockport are my local council and they’re basically run 50/50 by Labour and the Lib Dem’s.

This means there’s no complacency and they actually get shit done as every vote matters when it comes to elections.

The result is the town is booming and there’s a real energy about the place. The council are partly responsible for that with the crown centre regeneration plan that’s been in place over the last few years. Obviously not perfect but by and large Stockport council do a very good job compared to others.

A bit of healthy competition puts the rocket up their arses which can be a good thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.