The Labour Government

Seems pretty poor form this. I didn’t realise they deducted how much you’d have paid in rent from you compensation when unfairly convicted which in itself is based on how much you would have earned it if you hadn’t been banged up? How do you even begin to fairly calculate how much someone would have earned, what mortgage they may have had so what their current net worth would be etc etc. Finger in the air stuff. Needs a proper overhaul. We’re only talking about 1.75% of cases that get reviewed by the CCRC being referred back to courts (that’s about 25 a year) so it’s not huge numbers.

Seems pretty poor form this. I didn’t realise they deducted how much you’d have paid in rent from you compensation when unfairly convicted which in itself is based on how much you would have earned it if you hadn’t been banged up? How do you even begin to fairly calculate how much someone would have earned, what mortgage they may have had so what their current net worth would be etc etc. Finger in the air stuff. Needs a proper overhaul. We’re only talking about 1.75% of cases that get reviewed by the CCRC being referred back to courts (that’s about 25 a year) so it’s not huge numbers.

That's piss poor and hopefully sense will prevail

Wrongfully imprisoning someone for 25 years and instead of just paying up you charge them room and board is just so pitifully wrong it's hard to believe it's true.

Whoever thought that gem up needs their arse locking up with the coppers that fitted the lad up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.