The Labour Government

I have always struggled to warm to Burnham. But if he can get Starmer to put some proper money into the northwest and Greater Manchester that can only be a good thing. A mate of mine who is quite high up at Manchester City Council said of the billions of HS2 money saved when it was cancelled that was promised by the last Government to be redistributed in the northern regions, only £4m had been reallocated to Greater Manchester. So fingers crossed that we now get some proper levelling up money for capital and transport infrastructure projects and not just more empty promises.

Crazy when where I live it’s just constant building new estates after new estates with roads and traffic getting worse by the day.
Not enough and concentrated in the same areas. We need housing as the population is growing much quicker since the 90s, just when housebuilding in this country slowed.

She will represent us so well on the world stage once she learns to speak.
So you don’t like her accent and that’s it? Embarrassing yourself mate, you would think a bright intelligent young woman who has come through the background she has would make the rest of us northern working class folk proud but I guess the bitter jealous ones will never feel proud for others.

So you don’t like her accent and that’s it? Embarrassing yourself mate, you would think a bright intelligent young woman who has come through the background she has would make the rest of us northern working class folk proud but I guess the bitter jealous ones will never feel proud for others.
It’s like he’s forgotten that Liz Truss existed already.

I have always struggled to warm to Burnham. But if he can get Starmer to put some proper money into the northwest and Greater Manchester that can only be a good thing. A mate of mine who is quite high up at Manchester City Council said of the billions of HS2 money saved when it was cancelled that was promised by the last Government to be redistributed in the northern regions, only £4m had been reallocated to Greater Manchester. So fingers crossed that we now get some proper levelling up money for capital and transport infrastructure projects and not just more empty promises.
They've promised £12bn from HST to build a new line Liverpool to Manchester, but I suspect the Tories knew it would never survive a full cost benefit analysis and it would be the Labour government pulling the plug.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.