The Labour Government

Inheritance tax ... Its an awful tax that needs abolishing or at least having its threshold raised significantly.
Whereas what is inevitably coming is a huge reduction in the threshold.

Labour are cynical. They figure anyone with an e.g. £750k house is not voting Labour anyway, so may as well clobber those people.

Inheritance tax, this has effectively increased year on year with house inflation anyway. It also mostly affects those that have savings and assets built up after already paying tax. So people end up being taxed twice on the same earnings. Its an awful tax that needs abolishing or at least having its threshold raised significantly.

No it's tax on unearned income. Needs pushing up to persuade people to liquidate their assets before death rather than hanging on to them.

I do think that a lot of the moaners don't understand the WFA entitlement only applies if you were born before 23rd Sept 1958 so as people die off so with the WFA liability - and that had already been done by the last Tory administration.

That's because any one born after that is not a pensioner yet i.e 66. Eligibility for WFA is made on 23 September each year.

I do think that a lot of the moaners don't understand the WFA entitlement only applies if you were born before 23rd Sept 1958 so as people die off so with the WFA liability - and that had already been done by the last Tory administration.

It applied to anyone over state pension age. It wasn't stopped by the Torys.

Born Sept 1958 you'd be 66 in the winter of 2024/2025. State pension age.

Whereas what is inevitably coming is a huge reduction in the threshold.

Labour are cynical. They figure anyone with an e.g. £750k house is not voting Labour anyway, so may as well clobber those people.
Your crystal ball is working overtime today. Let's assume there are no tax rises in the pipeline. Which public services are you prepared to do without?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.