The Labour Government

It pleases me to annoy you.

What a stupid post. I didn't say these people have no car and no holidays you utter muppet. Do you not get at all that people make choices in life in order to help their kids? Maybe that doesn't happen in your brain.
You've always been a huge cock when it comes to money, anyhow carry on with your make believe scenarios you spoilt ****.

Read the key takeaways from Starmer’s speech and nothing of a surprise, to be honest.

Would like to see them reverse the NI cuts that Tories made and look to reforming all areas of business, not just rearrange the furniture for the long run.

Hopefully they’ll have enough to bring some of their key pledges to the fore, starting off with the energy and house building pledges. We know it won’t happen overnight but a pick in the ground would be good, to use an analogy.

The vast majority of people with money need to get their heads round the fact that they haven't got it through any intrinsic merit, they've just got lucky. It's not something that people want to accept but that doesn't stop it being true and there's a metric shittonne of research to support this.

If a legitimately elected government comes along and wants to redistribute some of that wealth, well then you've just become a bit less lucky than you were before.

Before anyone accuses me of the politics of envy, my beneficiaries will be paying IHT and rightly so.

Your last sentence shows what’s wrong with how people view IHT.
Your beneficiaries won’t pay a penny in tax.
Your estate will before they see any of it.
Quite right too.

The vast majority of people with money need to get their heads round the fact that they haven't got it through any intrinsic merit, they've just got lucky. It's not something that people want to accept but that doesn't stop it being true and there's a metric shittonne of research to support this.

If a legitimately elected government comes along and wants to redistribute some of that wealth, well then you've just become a bit less lucky than you were before.

Before anyone accuses me of the politics of envy, my beneficiaries will be paying IHT and rightly so.
How are you measuring the ‘luck’ element?

Karl Marx favored inheritance taxes, on the grounds that dead people did not have property rights.

Here’s what he wrote: “A power to dispose of estates forever is manifestly absurd. The earth and the fullness of it belongs to every generation, and the preceding one can have no right to bind it up from posterity. Such extension of property is quite unnatural.”

Cushty Rodney
play-it.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.