The Labour Government

As someone who deals with habitual smokers on a daily basis I'm all for it. The most prolific smokers need us to make the habit absolutely fucking miserable for them so they are forced by circumstances to stop. Many lack the will power and rationality to make changes and some even find weird justifications and claim vaping and nicotine replacement is worse than smoking. Nutters.

There is no such thing as the human right to smoke.

It's a disgusting habit and it harms all of us because we have to pay for the cost of treating their pointless self inflicted health conditions.

It does cost the NHS over £2 billion shame the govt doesn't use the £8.8 billion in taxes it receives eh?

Anyhow I suppose next.week we will all be behind banning sugar. Diabetes and obesity now that costs an eye watering amount, is there anything more disgusting than a fatty munching on a pie. Not as bad as someone putting a cigarette in their mouth. I mean it's hard not to throw up:-)

Week after maybe alcohol?

Maybe we can ban breathing in what with the state of air pollution although I believe it wafts in from China:-)

Just think how much the welfare budget would reduce if we all stop breathing.

Sometimes a can of worms can be opened and common sense goes out the window.

Or is just another convenient small demographic that the govt can pick on.

* I don't currently smoke or vape.

Also thendick hasn't earnt, such unimportant measures help feed the cunts like farage and grimes goingon about freedoms and will again in time, whip up more bullshit

I would suggest that any politician of any persuasion, looking at the state of the UK and thinking “I know what to do, let’s ban people having a cigarette in beer gardens”, must know deep down there are far more serious issues to deal with but they’ve no idea where to start.
Agree and in fairness the last lot had quite possibly the most ridiculous policy on smoking about to come in that anyone could come up with.

In the quest to raise taxes and reduce the state pension burden, they should be encouraging people to smoke.

They have already lined the replacement tax up, vapes will cost more and more as they phase out ciggie smokers.

Smoking is taxed more than vaping in the UK, as smoking is subject to both tobacco duty and VAT, while vaping is only subject to VAT:

• Smoking
    A packet of 20 cigarettes is taxed with tobacco duty, ad valorem, and VAT. The average price of a packet of 20 cigarettes increased to £14.39 in 2023, and is expected to increase to around £16 in October 2026.

• Vaping
    Vaping products are only subject to the standard 20% VAT rate. However, a new bill is proposed that would introduce a duty on vaping products based on the amount of nicotine in the liquid. The proposed duty would be:

• £1 per 10ml for nicotine-free liquids

• £2 per 10ml for liquids that contain 0.1-10.9mg

• £3 per 10ml for liquids that contain 11mg or more

Week after maybe alcohol?

Maybe so in terms of public health and easing the burden on the NHS could be a good move however where it differs from smoking is 10 of us can sit around a table in a room and everyone has an alcoholic drink of their choice except one who has a tap water. The water drinker is not exposed passively to the rest of us drinking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.