The Labour Government

Of course it’s bad health wise, but the knock on effect could be enormous. Lots of pubs, restaurants and cafe may end up closing because of this.

Rusholme for instance is full of outdoor shisha bars.

But then how on earth do they enforce it? Large numbers of younger people like to vape now, how do you stop someone using that outside a pub or similar.

Really we should have a choice.
Don't think that's true at all. I'm sure the same was said when smoking was banned indoors, but the pubs and cafes survived. The smokers will adapt just as they did then.

And it shouldn't be about enforcing it, it should be about people respecting a common-sense rule.

It's not. Sugar as a sweetener in some foods and alcohol as a social lubricant are okay in moderation. There isn't a safe level of smoking.

It's not at all. You make it sound as if I want to round them up and put them in camps. No I just want them to get help and not pass on the habit to others.
If sugar and alcohol is safe in small amounts then why is there tax on them? Why are we taxing responsible people for unharmful habits.

Maybe you can give the official deaths per annum of people who may have caught a wiff of smoke on a Friday night walking into a pub?

Please also state the evidence that inhaling the generally bad air around us didn't contribute to these zero fucking deaths. And what date are we banning cars from entering car parks of pubs.

I did say this would turn into a endless debate of hypocritical nonsense.

If you wish to carry this on just because you have a hard on for smokers but don't give a shit about other things do it with someone else.

He could stop some of his best customers from drinking an addictive poison because they were smoking an addictive poison outside I agree.
And then they can drink and smoke outside somewhere else. Fortunately pubs make that much it matters not, phew.

Must be the selfish wankers dragging their kids there propping them up. The non smoking ones.

A lot of landlords smoke though come to think about it. Bloody hell double up chaps he will spend half his time stood on the other side of the road.

Wind permitting.
"Oi, you, gerrouttamypub!"

What for?

"I'm not havin you intaking any more of that toxic poison in my gaff! It's against my moral conscience to serve people like you when you're killing yourselves with that type of addictive substance! Now, once you've put it out, what drink are you 'avin?"

It'd be a brave pub landlord to hold that stance ;)

Don't think that's true at all. I'm sure the same was said when smoking was banned indoors, but the pubs and cafes survived. The smokers will adapt just as they did then.

And it shouldn't be about enforcing it, it should be about people respecting a common-sense rule.
I don’t agree. Loads of places were directly impacted because of the smoking ban. Shisha bars in particular are built for smoking.

Surely it’s common sense to give people a choice. Where do you stop? I’d argue alcohol is just as bad.

Of course it’s bad health wise, but the knock on effect could be enormous. Lots of pubs, restaurants and cafe may end up closing because of this.

Pubs are no longer able to sell cigarettes.

We got rid of cigarette vending machines. We goy rid of smoking indoors. Same argument. Pubs don't need to be places for people to smoke.

Rusholme for instance is full of outdoor shisha bars.
They can all go. And almost no one would notice.

But then how on earth do they enforce it? Large numbers of younger people like to vape now, how do you stop someone using that outside a pub or similar.

Really we should have a choice.

You can't passively vape. Vaping in beer areas is fine by me. The choice is vape in public or smoke at home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.