The Labour Government

Never said that, twisting what I said instead of reading and thinking.
Oh no, you said we are a rich country that has obligations to send foreign aid which isn't very much. When we can't afford to keep our oap"s warm in winter them £1.00 in overseas aid is too much.

Oh no, you said we are a rich country that has obligations to send foreign aid which isn't very much. When we can't afford to keep our oap"s warm in winter them £1.00 in overseas aid is too much.
We can afford it ,we choose not to.which is what I said. We can do both we choose not to because thats our priorities. The last government made it harder. Using goreign aid which isa tiny amount of the budget isn’t changing anything.

It would be incredibly hard to enforce. But then you could say the same about many laws. Shoplifting is a blight but we can't station an officer outside every corner shop in the country.
That wasn’t my point. The law will be difficult to enforce irrespective of the level of enforcement personnel.

Defining a beer garden will be hugely challenging. What if the operator sub leases the space? Does it then cease to be a beer garden? What if he defines the area as private land and says all attendees are his private guests? What about the wider impact on smokers being displaced to the pavement or other public spaces? Does that mean they will have to ban smoking on the pavement too? If so, how would that be enforced? And against whom? The smokers?

It’s a fucking minefield.

The current law works because it relates to any interior that is a workplace. It is simple, clear, precise and plain in what it is seeking to achieve, and thereby enforceable.

This will be a nightmare to enforce and thereby ineffectual.

So sending aid to India for a space program, China for god knows what and Mexico for a cycle path is more important than keeping your granny warm. Deluded beyond belief.
So how much was actually spent on a cycle path? I don't gamble, but I bet you don't know.

This is all based on a report by a right-wing think tank that seems to have just gone looking for examples of projects in areas that might or might not be more affluent than deprived areas in the UK. They are not necessarily representative of the typical overseas aid project.

So how much was actually spent on a cycle path? I don't gamble, but I bet you don't know.

This is all based on a report by a right-wing think tank that seems to have just gone looking for examples of projects in areas that might or might not be more affluent than deprived areas in the UK. They are not necessarily representative of the typical overseas aid project.
Plus there hasn’t been time since the election to do the research or the costing for these projects so if they are real then it was the previous government who set it all up.

You can take the girl out of Stockport.

Ange givin' it large on her holibobs.
Aye, but her house is in Ashton under Lyne now, Weymouth Road if anyone needs to know, just before it becomes Kings Road which is in Council Tax bracket (or one, two or three) below her E band, used to have a private tennis court in her back garden. Make of that what you need to.

As someone who deals with habitual smokers on a daily basis I'm all for it. The most prolific smokers need us to make the habit absolutely fucking miserable for them so they are forced by circumstances to stop. Many lack the will power and rationality to make changes and some even find weird justifications and claim vaping and nicotine replacement is worse than smoking. Nutters.

There is no such thing as the human right to smoke.

It's a disgusting habit and it harms all of us because we have to pay for the cost of treating their pointless self inflicted health conditions.
Jesus fucking wept. You could empty a pub vault quicker than any smoking ban. A proper barrel of laughs. I take it you never stood under the asbestos roof on the Kippax in the 70's. Lol

Starmer’s certainly pissing off all the right people. Hope he keeps it up.
The left? The right? Way to celebrate the guy who gets the centre lobotomised vote. Go starmer, the odd old person may die but gdp may go up almost as much as inflation and the increase in population. Score.

Haha you've got a hard on for a guy who takes money off old folk and loves austerity. Let's hope the country takes bad news as well as you have. We might get past it in a decade.

Sorry you haven't got there yet:-)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.