The Labour Government

I don't smoke andin fact I think it's a foul habit and I hate sitting around other peoples' fag smoke.

But, far more important to me is that the government should govern what needs to be governed and not be sticking its fucking oar in all over the place, meddling with peoples' lives. Where does this meddling end? How about banning the sale of half bottles of spirits from corner shops, to stop the local 80-year old alckies buying the Bells along with their 10 L&B's and a couple of scratch cards?

How about banning hang gliding, or other dangerous sports? That doubtless costs the NHS patching people up. Or hill walking, because it's expensive sending the rescue helicopter out isn't it.

No, this is ideological bollocks from the man who said only a few short weeks ago, that he promised to govern with a "light touch" and minimal interference. Liar.

The other consideration is the number of pubs that will inevitably go under. I cannot support the idea at all.
You cannot possibly be comparing hang gliding to smoking? What do you reckon the ratio of patients in hospital because of hang gliding and patients in hospital because of smoking is?

I have faith that the government can work concurrently on this and other important policies, and as for meddling; this isn't meddling, they're just writing in stone something that most people already abide by. Most smokers won't give a fuck that they have to walk 20yds away from others to light up. Were they banning smoking altogether, I'd agree with you.

You cannot possibly be comparing hang gliding to smoking? What do you reckon the ratio of patients in hospital because of hang gliding and patients in hospital because of smoking is?

I have faith that the government can work concurrently on this and other important policies, and as for meddling; this isn't meddling, they're just writing in stone something that most people already abide by. Most smokers won't give a fuck that they have to walk 20yds away from others to light up. Were they banning smoking altogether, I'd agree with you.
It's meddling with peoples' lives and freedom of choice. Entirely consistent with the behaviour of this jumped up narcissist who thinks he knows best and that he will impose what he thinks is good for you whether you like it or not. Yuck.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.