The Labour Government

You can vote Tory and not be some evil bastad. I am so frustrated that Covid interfered with heat could have been a great recover. We were doing well in 2020.
Then we left the EU which fucked up the country far more than Covid. But Covid was a great excuse that has long since run its course.
Anyway, what were we recovering from? 10 years of mostly unnecessary austerity imposed by Cameron and Osborne including 4 years of instability while Brexit was being argued about.

Not sure why this is so difficult for some to understand, but "illegal immigrants" do not have a National Insurance number, therefore they have no recourse to public funds.
Neither can they work legally.
If we wish to tackle illegal immigration, have the applications processed BEFORE they arrive here.
If they are found to be here working illegally, fine the employer £100,000 for each undocumented worker and 6 months imprisonment.
If no recourse to public funds and no one willing to risk employing them, and a legal route to apply, suddenly it is no longer as attractive a proposition.

Now, asylum seekers and levels of legal migration are two totally different discussions.

Not sure why this is so difficult for some to understand, but "illegal immigrants" do not have a National Insurance number, therefore they have no recourse to public funds.
Neither can they work legally.
If we wish to tackle illegal immigration, have the applications processed BEFORE they arrive here.
If they are found to be here working illegally, fine the employer £100,000 for each undocumented worker and 6 months imprisonment.
If no recourse to public funds and no one willing to risk employing them, and a legal route to apply, suddenly it is no longer as attractive a proposition.

Now, asylum seekers and levels of legal migration are two totally different discussions.
In principal fining the employer is a great idea, something that the powers that be can do now. The problem is if you set up as a Ltd company, you can be fined 100k one week. Fold your company the next and set up again the following week. Many illegals are employed by unscrupulous employers operating in just this manner. Car washes, nail bars etc.

In principal fining the employer is a great idea, something that the powers that be can do now. The problem is if you set up as a Ltd company, you can be fined 100k one week. Fold your company the next and set up again the following week. Many illegals are employed by unscrupulous employers operating in just this manner. Car washes, nail bars etc.
That's why I included imprisonment.
Would they risk going to jail?
I appreciate that action, knowledge, INTENT and dishonesty could be difficult to prove beyond reasonable doubt, but that's where the wording of the legislation would be key, who within the company is responsible for ensuring that employment law is upheld, the use of the proceeds of crime act to remove assets obtained through criminal activity etc.

I appreciate that action, knowledge, INTENT and dishonesty could be difficult to prove beyond reasonable doubt, but that's where the wording of the legislation would be key, who within the company is responsible for ensuring that employment law is upheld, the use of the proceeds of crime act to remove assets obtained through criminal activity etc.
I am in full agreement, the punishment needs to appropriate and unavoidable. Imprisonment would work. But I don't think James Timpson agrees somehow.?

There is currently a mechanism to impose civil penalties on an employer up to £60,000 per employee which only requires proof of wilful blindness to the civil standard. They are imposed routinely but enforcement is poor.

With all due respect Kaz I don't think you actually have an idea of how much money the UK government has at its disposal or how much is regularly wasted.

Sure Reeves has to act prudently and control budgets, but the money spent on Rwanda is peanuts and certainly won't stop or have any meaningful impact on any new legislation that the PM wants to bring in.
You are not reading what i am saying ffs, half a billion has gone to france with no effect and another half billion to rwanda , they are laughing their cocks off at our stupidy . The tories have blown up the problem of illegal migration as a political ideology , it is not as big a problem as they had you all beleiving

i want the home office to pay for more police so if you or i get burgled they are going to turn up and help me , i will be pissed off if that billion is wasted on small boats gimmicks makes a difference to that , remember we are going to throw even more money at the problem now

Thank fuck we have grown ups in charge now

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.