The Labour Government

I am really not. I have no issue with the many Muslim people I know and work with. But I do not want Islam to become the national religion of the UK and for Islam to start to shape our culture and our lives. This is not about Sharia Law, about which I wholeheartedly agree with @Alan Harper's Tash.
There’s no sign of it affecting out laws ever.

What British laws have been eroded?

Sorry Alan but this is getting far too tedious. I said "to start".

You're welcome to your own views, whatever they may be. Enjoy your weekend!
So, as I’ve suggested all along, this is just your gut feeling.

Someone had a go at trying to describe British culture and it was just nostalgic bullshit.

No one’s even tried in here, just tells everyone that they’re being eroded.

People dont seem to understand railways are not like roads where you can just put on a bus and charge a different price. They are not like a hornby train set. The infrastructure limits the capacity based upon the designed headway, the only way you can cram more trains in is by changing over to a dynamic headway based system such as ETCS which calculates the protection distance between trains based upon speed, gradients and braking profiles. This would be changes in not only the railway infrastructure but also retrofitting equipment to existing train fleets. Furthermore not all trains are compatible with every bit of infrastructure.

As you say the whole franchise idea is wrong and railways should be an essential service run at breakeven, not for profit.
The whole system of franchises running at wild profit though is sometimes far-fetched because wasn't Arriva Northern nationalised because it was effectively bankrupt?

The Northern services have been nationalised for nearly 4 years now, has anything changed for the better yet?

Government policy so far has been to run down the franchises and then take over them. I haven't seen much about a unified infrastructure or system which is the real benefit of nationalisation. Maybe that dream is just decades and billions of pounds away (as usual).

The whole system of franchises running at wild profit though is sometimes far-fetched because wasn't Arriva Northern nationalised because it was effectively bankrupt?

The Northern services have been nationalised for nearly 4 years now, has anything changed for the better yet?

Government policy so far has been to run down the franchises and then take over them. I haven't seen much about a unified infrastructure or system which is the real benefit of nationalisation. Maybe that dream is just decades and billions of pounds away (as usual).
I wonder if substantial dividends to shareholders contributed heavily to the near-bankruptcy. It seems to be the case with, say, Thames Water.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.