The Labour Government

Sorry I’m behind the thread, Reeves has misjudged the mood, the large majority of pensioners are just above the pension credit limit. So won’t be able to claim extra benefit.
The part that annoys me is treating the state pension as a benefit when it’s been paid for by workers or people who paid their N.I. stamp WFP was because the cost of heating.
If they are serious they would realise that when people get old they need the heat on so more heart attacks, hypothermia ending up in hospital.
Yeah, and I expect to live to be 104 years plus so that I get my money back!

What nonsense you spout. So you're in favour of pensioners paying 40% tax receiving the WFA being subsidised by someone on minimum wage? I've always said the way they've done it is clumsy. They need to change it and stop the cliff edge situation they've created-end of. But I also recognisr that the system needs some reform and changing the universality of this is a start. If you don't agree, tell us that you're happy with someone on £50k + pension should be subsidised by someone on £20k or even "the poor working class". If you're not, tell us the alternative.

That reply had no bearing at all to what I stated, my position is fairly clear and that position is that a real Labour party should help the poor first.

The new disciples of Kier however are just Tories, everyone should bite the bullet to help those less fortunate but the new Tories haven't mentioned anything other than pensioners just yet.

Let me make it clear, he shouldn't have started with them he should have eventually gotten around to them, slippery fucker that he is.

This ****’s got me seriously mad. Like, if you took 75% of his wealth off him he’s still be absolutely fine. And still would be better off than over 99% of humans alive.

How can that not be enough?

It’s not him, it’s us. We’re utterly selfish cunts.
He’s triggered me since the day I heard him interviewed on the radio.
Struggle to understand why people born without a pot to piss in, then become the absolute greedy fuckers they and their family would have despised, growing up.
Sold his business for £145M! Seems like his boys still own 10% and hold senior positions, so they’ll be ok, whatever the old fucker does with his money..

Donated £70k to the Tory party and became ‘business advisor’ to Cameron and Osborne. I did him one disservice though, he was a full on opponent of Brexit, so he then donated money to the LD party. He’s now a fully paid up member of Reform PLC so he might well now be a Brexit supporter!

This ****’s got me seriously mad. Like, if you took 75% of his wealth off him he’s still be absolutely fine. And still would be better off than over 99% of humans alive.

How can that not be enough?

It’s not him, it’s us. We’re utterly selfish cunts.

He's probably taking into account the likelihood he'll have another 2 or 3 divorces tbf.

a post devoid of knowledge but big on R/W press rhetoric. Public service pensions aren't the golden ticket you believe they are. Every pension reflects contributions and length or service. My brother-in-law 9 years in the Army qualifies for a small pension. My wife 10 years in the Civil Service with a similar return. I was astonished when speaking to 2 friends a few weeks ago when on holiday one has long service in local govt one central govt - compared to my pensions in the private sector they are looking at no big deal.

My nieces husband retired from the Fire and Rescue Services at 50 a couple of years ago - long service and with contributions that would make the eyes of most of us water have at least left him sitting pretty.

The press will always find someone - probably left leaning or in what they consider a "non-job" like health and safety who get a decent payoff but the one's who get the big bucks are in Parliament - mostly those who tell you to hate other people rather than encourage you to ask your employer "why can't I have that" - example would be Liz Truss is 14 years my junior and is getting 10x my pensions for life for 49 days "service"
Politicians effectively voted themselves the best pension in the land. I dont think many abstained from that vote, well there's a surprise.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.