The Labour Government

Vast majority? 70%? More? Never a vast majority. 10m got the WFP, now down to 1m. That 9m not getting it, and I would suggest half of those could manage without it. So I calculate that's 4.5m who could manage coming off, which turns out to be a minority.

I can see his counter argument once we get through the winter and we count the human cost. Yeah but the vast majority of pensioners didn’t die. The clown.

Age UK say 2 million pensioners are going to struggle as a result of this policy. Did it for a laugh? No. Didn’t think it through? Yes, and that is just as bad a dereliction of their duty in my book.

The first serious crime committed by a released prisoner and the first pensioner to die of hypothermia due to heating poverty and all hell is going to break lose. These are both logical policies in principle but very poorly planned and executed. I hope you’re ready with your sound bite answers because it will happen and this government will have blood on their hands.

Usual hyperbole.

There’s around 35,000 deaths a year due to hyperthermia- figure will be around the same very sadly regardless of this policy - Labour will take steps to mitigate this and help the most vulnerable.

As for released prisoners, Prisons at max capacity that’s on the Tory party and everyone knows that - Another service they destroyed and Labour left picking up the pieces - they had no choice but to take action and free up space for current convicts.

It's just come to light that in the past 5 years, Rachel Thieves has claimed £3,700 in heating allowances for herself, before stiffing people on £12k/year or less out of £300. Fine upstanding individual that she is.

Martin Lewis' hatchet job on the shameful canning of a universal WFA, is quite interesting. Aparently around 800,000 people are eligible for pension credit but don't claim it. By definition, these people are on less than £11,400 per year.

Already, considering energy costs and not getting the £300 per household benefit that everyone got last year, people are £200 worse off this winter compared to last. Take off the £300 WFA and they are £500 worse off.

But the really damaging thing is that there is no way a large percentage of that 800,000 can get pension credit before winter. Even if they all applied, which most of them won't/can't for whatever reason - dementia or whatever.

So people on LESS THAN £11,400 are having £500 taken off them.

Did ANYONE in the UK vote for, or even expect this? It's absolutely utterly disgusting.

Last edited:
Usual hyperbole.

There’s around 35,000 deaths a year due to hyperthermia- figure will be around the same very sadly regardless of this policy - Labour will take steps to mitigate this and help the most vulnerable.

As for released prisoners, Prisons at max capacity that’s on the Tory party and everyone knows that - Another service they destroyed and Labour left picking up the pieces - they had no choice but to take action and free up space for current convicts.

As I said I can understand the logic but the planning is beyond shocking.

WFA should have been removed from those who don’t need it. Not those that do as well. Poorly planned.

70% of prisoners that have been released are homeless with no probation support due to a lack of notice and planning.

Both problems are a lack of planning, what’s the expression… fail to plan and plan to fail?

Anyroad you sleep nice and cosy in your Starmer duvet lad. Absolute fan boy.

It's just come to light that in the past 5 years, Rachel Thieves has claimed £3,700 in heating allowances for herself, before stiffing people on £12k/year or less out of £300. Fine upstaning individual that she is.

Martin Lewis' hatchet job on the shameful canning of a universal WFA, is quite interesting. Aparently around 800,000 people are eligible for pension credit but don't claim it. By definition, these people are on less than £11,400 per year.

Already, considering energy costs and not getting the £300 per household benefit that everyone got last year, people are £200 worse off this winter compared to last. Take off the £300 WFA and they are £500 worse off.

But the really damaging thing is that there is no way a large percentage of that 800,000 can get pension credit before winter. Even if they all applied, which most of them won't/can't for whatever reason - dementia or whatever.

Did ANYONE in the UK vote for, or even expect this? It's absolutely utterly disgusting.
One political shade of hypocrisy doesn't preclude another. MPs have shown for the last forty or fifty years they are grasping, greedy, self serving hypocrites who could win a gold medal at any Olympics for Glib Speaking.

As I said I can understand the logic but the planning is beyond shocking.

WFA should have been removed from those who don’t need it. Not those that do as well. Poorly planned.

70% of prisoners that have been released are homeless with no probation support due to a lack of notice and planning.

Both problems are a lack of planning, what’s the expression… fail to plan and plan to fail?

Anyroad you sleep nice and cosy in your Starmer duvet lad. Absolute fan boy.
I agree with that, apart from the need to remove WFA from those who don't need it.

By definition, the people who don't need it, pay a lot of tax. What is the harm of saying to someone who's paid say £50,000 in tax, that they can have £200 back. So they have only paid net £49,800 instead of £50,000. Is that terrible? Doesn't sound terrible to me. Sounds like a bit of an irrelevance to be honest.

The advantage of NOT means testing the benefit is that it is cheap to administer it. As soon as you means test anything you lose a big chunk of any savings in administration costs.

It's just come to light that in the past 5 years, Rachel Thieves has claimed £3,700 in heating allowances for herself, before stiffing people on £12k/year or less out of £300. Fine upstanding individual that she is.

But, but, but, there's a 22 billion black hole to fill

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.