The Labour Government

Half of the £22 billion is down to public sector pay rises that were recommended by Independent pay review bodies (set up by the Government to advise on the pay increase that public workers need / should get) . If only the Tories had honoured this ...

Absolutely it is. I’ve no issues with them paying it, they should just be honest about it. Unfortunately they won’t because they’ve tied themselves to make pensioners feel guilty about the state of the finances and how they must do “their bit”

Reactions: PPT
Because most pensioners are doing alright.

In 2022, 50% of pensioners were in the top half of the overall income distribution. In 1995, this percentage was 38%.

Percentage of pensioners in the top half of the overall population income distribution (AHC) by family type, using equivalised income, FYE 1995 to FYE 2022​

View attachment 131417

Except the 2m pensioners Age UK say will be severely impacted by removal of the WFA.

Just so I am clear, are you personally, 100% in favour of every person who is entitled to a government benefit, claiming it, in full, 100% of the time, no exceptions, no matter who they are? And you would personally defend their right to that benefit, in full, every single time, for every single claimant?
If so, I think thats wonderful. I am too by the way. Every possible claimant, every time, no exceptions.
I too am in favour of the social safety net being as wide and as all encompassing as possible, for as many people as need it, no matter what.

And like you presumably, I too am fully in favour of mine, and everybody else's, taxes being as high and as wide as needs be, to pay for such a safety net.

Well done you.
What on earth are you on about. Do you eat cats and dogs?

What on earth are you on about. Do you eat cats and dogs?
You know full well what I am on about and that’s why you won’t answer.

You’re pretending outrage at the thought of pensioners not being able to claim benefits they may be entitled to which would be an admirable outrage if you were consistent that all those entitled to benefits were able to claim them but we all know you’re not.

You’re butt-sore because the election didn’t go the way you wanted. I’ve got news for you. You lost. Heavily.
And it’s marvellous.

Prepare to pay up for the next five or ten years. Labour are going to come for you and yours to redress the balance.
And I’m here for it. It’s glorious.

Except the 2m pensioners Age UK say will be severely impacted by removal of the WFA.
Well, yes, but that’s a minority of pensioners. The query was why most pensioners vote Tory. But the best point made (in terms of the politics of the cut to wfa) is that the 2 million are more likely to be Labour voters than the "top half" pensioners.

It's the Tory outrage that's so misplaced. Their freezing tax thresholds means that many of the same 2 million are now paying tax when they weren't before.

Well, yes, but that’s a minority of pensioners. The query was why most pensioners vote Tory. But the best point made (in terms of the politics of the cut to wfa) is that the 2 million are more likely to be Labour voters than the "top half" pensioners.

It's the Tory outrage that's so misplaced. Their freezing tax thresholds means that many of the same 2 million are now paying tax when they weren't before.
Honestly listen to yourself.
If the Tories had proposed this shit you'd be incandescent with rage.

Rents to rise by 10% to cover the proposed rent controls according to industry bodies
National Landlord Association [NRLA] and Propertymark

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.