The Labour Government

Honestly listen to yourself.
If the Tories had proposed this shit you'd be incandescent with rage.
On the flip side, many of those criticising the policy on here would be justifying it had the Tories proposed it. Guess that’s just the nature of the politics forum.

Anyway, I think the new Labour government have done some good things in the short time since taking power, but they’ve clearly handled the WFA thing badly. I doubt many people would oppose wealthier pensioners losing the allowance in principle, but they’ve set the threshold far too low and many older people will suffer as a result.

On the flip side, many of those criticising the policy on here would be justifying it had the Tories proposed it. Guess that’s just the nature of the politics forum.

Anyway, I think the new Labour government have done some good things in the short time since taking power, but they’ve clearly handled the WFA thing badly. I doubt many people would oppose wealthier pensioners losing the allowance in principle, but they’ve set the threshold far too low and many older people will suffer as a result.
You think? I doubt it.
The state pension is bad enough as it is compared to what you put in.
This policy is evil.
May tried to make the allowance taxable back in the day - but the outrage from Tory back benches Killed that attempt.

Last edited:
Rents to rise by 10% to cover the proposed rent controls according to industry bodies
National Landlord Association [NRLA] and Propertymark
The new non fault law that’s come in suggestions are many landlords will stop renting, well put them on the market then and let people buy them instead of charging outrageous rents.

They have only just started with the pensioners. If they remove the bus passes and the single person council discount, then it’s open season on the old and vulnerable. From a supposed Labour government?

Looking clear that Labour has killed the recovery to growth of 6% predicted back in June. - The economy has flattened since the election.
O wonder if Reeves is a Kwarteng style idiot or just incompetent?
Still, record Capital Gains tax receipts will paper over the cracks for now (till they fall off a cliff after the budget).

Last edited:
I wonder if they will look at council tax, saw an itv article about how it’s cheaper in Kensington than Blackpool, the poorest areas have the highest rates because the burden on those councils is more, why can’t they come up with a system which is universal and then allocated around the country? If they try to redo the valuations then how the hell do they do that it would be some undertaking, I don’t know how they did it in 91.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.