The Labour Government

My aunt and uncle are quite capable of financing their grandkids Christmas presents by themselves, without the need for the taxpayer to do it

The WFA is not there to fund Sam or Luke's latest bloody video game. And why should it be??
You would need to point out where I said they did.

You would need to point out where I said they did.
This;

I believe also some naughty pensioners have been buying their grandkids some Xmas presents and have been caught out by a full and extensive investigation by a bluemoon poster.

You were referring to my post I take it?

In total, the UK has committed almost £12.7 billion for Ukraine: £7.6 billion in military support and £5 billion in non-military support. Winter fuel payment costs £1.5bn. I'm not suggesting binning the Ukraine funding, but maybe the £1.5bn should come off that rather than our pensioners.

In total, the UK has committed almost £12.7 billion for Ukraine: £7.6 billion in military support and £5 billion in non-military support. Winter fuel payment costs £1.5bn. I'm not suggesting binning the Ukraine funding, but maybe the £1.5bn should come off that rather than our pensioners.

So .... it was a political decision then ?

The Foreign Aid money is one discussion I'd rather not have either. Especially after my recent visit to my Pensioner relations.
I barely got out alive as it was.

Ive read back and yes, you were.
I generally like your funny little quips but there's no need to include anything out of context ;-)
There is a really easy solution to all of this. Pay the WFA as a direct credit or discount on an energy account and then we'll see who moans and who actually does need/use it for energy..

Most people I've spoken to use the WFA for a holiday or Christmas... Long before it even gets cold.

If I rephrase it this way - I don't need financial help with my christmas presents or my next holiday so should I get £200 to go towards my energy?

These are the posts I was replying to, I even typed it before you even mentioned your auntie and uncle Xmas presents etc....

I also said I haven't said anywhere that pensioners should use the WFA for Xmas presents because I haven't said that.

These are the posts I was replying to, I even typed it before you even mentioned your auntie and uncle Xmas presents etc....

I also said I haven't said anywhere that pensioners should use the WFA for Xmas presents because I haven't said that.
Fair enough. Ish.
Still don't trust you though ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.