The Labour Government

Now, now! You don't want all those 'extreme' lefties and 'Trotskyites' in the Party dictating policy, do you?

It has to be left to sensible 'moderates' like -er - Starmer and Reeves. Otherwise, before we know it, we'll all be in gulags, or wearing berets with a red star in them.
Conference finished with a patronising version of the red flag.

A young lady playing a slow arrangement of the song on piano.

Felt like a bit of an after thought

There aren't many one bedroom houses and the young single person would in most instances intend to expand their household.
Would they ? A single person somehow having some form of spontaneous cell division and making a clone of themselves ? According to recent surveys 40% of young adults don’t want kids and are happy with their double income no kids lifestyle.

There are plenty of one bedroom flats which if you are young and fit you can easily access.

You see how daft the point you’re trying to make is ? Saying who should and shouldn’t have a house of a given size is just plain dumb.

We aren’t building enough houses in the right areas or attracting business to set up in areas where there is a surfeit of cheap property is fundamentally the problem. Forcing developers and businesses who are sat on swathes of building land to build housing or relinquish it would be a good start. The ten biggest house builders currently have 700,000 plots of land sat idle.

Go on, what’s on the horizon for us sickies?

Ask Wes Streeting who this morning was busy telling Sky News that far too many are claiming sick benefits and that they intend on cracking down whilst getting more back into work.

If you had closed your eyes it could have been any minister from the last 14 years parroting it.

Ask Wes Streeting who this morning was busy telling Sky News that far too many are claiming sick benefits and that they intend on cracking down whilst getting more back into work.

If you had closed your eyes it could have been any minister from the last 14 years parroting it.
Just watched him on Politics Live and yes he is not happy that too many are claiming sick pay, but he doesn’t blame them he blames the NHS not being available to them when needed so his solution isn’t to punish them but to try and get them back to health asap via the NHS.

Don’t see any concerns there

I have a 2 up 2 down house that I moved into 35 yrs ago when I downsized after divorce. I worked damned hard to pay for this and I have fantastic neighbours and it’s in a nice area.
Plus, and to me this was the clincher when my family wanted me to move 2 yrs ago, I trust my doctor and I get fantastic care from my doctor. So why should I have to move?
It’s my home, I’ve paid for it, I pay for any repairs I ask no one for money.
I earned my State pension by working from 15 (school leaving age then) and paid into my teachers pension.
So I will not be told by anyone, including the government, to give up my home. Even if it were a larger house I wouldn’t because that is my right. It is my home bought and paid for so leave us older pensioners alone. Stop blooming picking on us.
Thank you, rant over.
We are not asking for a hand out just a peaceful last few years. Grant us that at least.

Would they ? A single person somehow having some form of spontaneous cell division and making a clone of themselves ? According to recent surveys 40% of young adults don’t want kids and are happy with their double income no kids lifestyle.

There are plenty of one bedroom flats which if you are young and fit you can easily access.

You see how daft the point you’re trying to make is ? Saying who should and shouldn’t have a house of a given size is just plain dumb.

We aren’t building enough houses in the right areas or attracting business to set up in areas where there is a surfeit of cheap property is fundamentally the problem. Forcing developers and businesses who are sat on swathes of building land to build housing or relinquish it would be a good start. The ten biggest house builders currently have 700,000 plots of land sat idle.
He is not debating honestly , he wants sick people to work and wants every old pensioner to sell their homes , with no idea how/why/ where and at what cost

I have a 2 up 2 down house that I moved into 35 yrs ago when I downsized after divorce. I worked damned hard to pay for this and I have fantastic neighbours and it’s in a nice area.
Plus, and to me this was the clincher when my family wanted me to move 2 yrs ago, I trust my doctor and I get fantastic care from my doctor. So why should I have to move?
It’s my home, I’ve paid for it, I pay for any repairs I ask no one for money.
I earned my State pension by working from 15 (school leaving age then) and paid into my teachers pension.
So I will not be told by anyone, including the government, to give up my home. Even if it were a larger house I wouldn’t because that is my right. It is my home bought and paid for so leave us older pensioners alone. Stop blooming picking on us.
Thank you, rant over.
We are not asking for a hand out just a peaceful last few years. Grant us that at least.
Top post and I totally agree

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.