The Labour Government

Perhaps I didn’t make myself clear. I wasn’t suggesting they hadn’t done anything; they’ve clearly cancelled some existing policies, introduced others they said they would, and dealt with the events that governments face. I just haven’t heard a bigger vision articulated into the huge policies that one might have anticipated for a country with so many things ‘broken’. Maybe we’ll learn more at the Budget.

We may hear more when Streeting gives his speech today

Just watching the local news - covering a social centre that will be closing due to costs and lamenting the effects on pensioners. When interviewed I noted 2 were wearing Apple watches and a table littered with expensive phones. This was in York - not all pensioners are poor and I wondered how many of the £300 payments bought or upgraded Apple watches last year? Targeting is good its the level and possible taper that counts.

If you know York you will know that it has had an influx of homeless amongst whom are a lot of ex-forces - in July I watched a homeless guy in a Para's beret ( I know it could be just something he wears ) get up off a cardboard bed in the street around the corner of Betty's Tea Rooms neat HMV get up and take a shit in the doorway of the airBnB where he was asleep only to be disturbed by the people staying there trying to access it. I know people will disagree with me but rather than Hazel in Haxby getting £300 for heating rather than getting that poor twat off the streets and regaining some dignity

Ah pensioners with Apple Watches has become the new council houses with satellite dishes!!!!!

Daughter lives over in York. She doesn’t recognise your assertion of an influx of homeless people. It’s a good policy idea to get veterans in to houses though. Just need to build more houses, the ambition is there and I do have high hopes they will deliver on this. Certainly far more than the tories did.

The money, more than likely will pay for their care, at 50-60k per year, rather than them being a burden on the state.

If we take the "old" element out of the discussion a young single person with a few quid living in a 2 bed house by your definition is taking up too much space and is not using their full capacity. Maybe they should only be allowed to purchase a two bedroomed house when they have a child in the way.

As an aside the number of bedrooms would be a poor measure of space usage. There are three bedroomed houses which are a lot larger than many 5 bed house.

There aren't many one bedroom houses and the young single person would in most instances intend to expand their household.

According to the Daily Heil Labour are going to:

Cut pub opening hours
Tax your fags and fuel to price you out buying any as part of the green vegan woke agenda
Replace rapists and murderers with meme creators in prisons
Allow the country to be taken over by Sharia Law
Make the BBC licence fee and official tax and double the cost

Any I've missed?
Looking at your location, maybe you should come back down to Earth!

Conference backs motion to reverse winter fuel payment decision.

Naturally Keith and Robot will ignore it. Just as they did with making a referendum on PR in the manifesto last year.

Now, now! You don't want all those 'extreme' lefties and 'Trotskyites' in the Party dictating policy, do you?

It has to be left to sensible 'moderates' like -er - Starmer and Reeves. Otherwise, before we know it, we'll all be in gulags, or wearing berets with a red star in them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.