The Labour Government

[
Erm stamp duty is only paid on houses above £250,000. We were talking about them buying retirement properties under this threshold.
Who is? I'm saying stamp duty is an inhibitor against moving, which it is.

I can state that as a matter of fact, because at least one person - me - is put off moving because I cannot stomach the prospect of having to lob the thieving bastards even more thousands just for moving from one house to similar one somewhere else.

It's a stupid tax.

[
Who is? I'm saying stamp duty is an inhibitor against moving, which it is.

I can state that as a matter of fact, because at least one person - me - is put off moving because I cannot stomach the prospect of having to lob the thieving bastards even more thousands just for moving from one house to similar one somewhere else.

It's a stupid tax.

And you'd have to pay a similar amount to the buyer If it was gotten rid of as they'd just put the price up.

This does feel like an attack on older people, highly divisive rather than inclusive.

Maybe they should just not bother with the downsizing and move straight to the coffin, or maybe that uses too much wood. Probably best for them finish work and pop off to the crematorium.

Nobody asked for house prices to go through the roof or for wages to stagnate.

Well if they want to sit in a house worth an obscene amount and not enjoy the rest of their life using that wealth on better uses because they need to live in London then they're daft.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.