The Labour Government

Unpaid carers save the government over £160 billion a year - maybe they should withdraw their labour and see how the social care system reacts.

The reason they won't is the reason successive Govt's have preyed on their generosity - they know that nobody will abandon a relative in need to make a point - quite cynical of all Govts - looks like only the LD's are even mentioning this

Governments and their lackeys the media, all of whom are owned by billionaires, love all this. Divide and conquer, keep the plebs arguing amongst themselves and turning on one another. Meanwhile they keep lining their pockets while our attention is distracted.
I'd argue that both the government and the media are the lackeys of the billionaires personally but the rest of it is hard to get away from .... take this thread as a microcosm.

The only concrete announcement so far has been the WFA. Because a lot of people don't necessarily *need* it fingers are being pointed in all directions.

The economic argument doesn't stack up and on the face of it neither does the political one if you consider the polling.

The next demographic under fire will be lost in the noise. Maybe there is a method to their madness after all?

Plenty of old rich people do.

Did.

The bone of contention for me , as I’ve already stated numerous times , is the Eccles blues of this world and those 4 quid over pension credit claim limits ….. it’s just wrong and immoral especially with all the hypocrisy going on in both main parties with sleaze, claims for expenses and all the rest of the shit going on in the world.

I’m not even moaning for myself as I don’t need it or qualify for it under these new changed rules . As you know I’m doing alright and will never need help from any government ever …. They can even shove their 25% council tax discount . I’m alright jack ! However I’ve also been broke and in council high rise blocks and know pensioners who will suffer because of this policy .

I’ve seen the piss taking pip claims and alcys and druggies playing the system that most people don’t see ….

It’s disgraceful what they’re doing to those pensioners and it needs sorting somehow … social tariffs maybe or something but not this bollocks of a decision . I’ll never vote labour again out of principal £200 or not and I’ve never voted for anyone else ever.

I never thought a Labour Party would treat poor pensioners like this ever . They are not the labour I knew .

It might seem a small amount to some but it isn’t to many and those defending it are cunts.

Take it off the rich by all means but not the poor ffs

Last edited:
Pensioners who need the winter payment will get it,lots of pensioners have plenty of money in the bank and don't need it.You like lots of people are going over the top just to have a go at Labour it's £200 a year FFS.
Is it a deliberate ploy for you and your cohort to keep saying £200 when it's usually £300? Are you trying to downplay it?

Finally Junior Doctors accept Government pay deal and no threat of further strikes.

Starmer also meeting Italian PM to discuss asylum and migration issue.

Good day for Labour.
Incredible stuff. Like minded sensible moderate adults in the room going about their business .... not like you to not notice what is going on before your eyes ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.