The Labour Government

That would cause an exodus of
1. British students to over full British schools.
2. Overseas students who pay much more than British ones. Loss of foreign income, but I’ve no idea of how much.
The conservative election vote winner decided boat people were to blame, all they have done is split the vote and driven racism in the country as a result lots of applications for our universities are down with the new rules of they can’t bring family with them.
It’s worth billions to the economy and some university will have to close

I don’t know if Labour will carry through with the plan as it’s the cause of our high immigration figures Reeves surely knows how valuable the University/Schools income is

I think they pay more in schools too, but I don’t know too much about it, tbh.

I don't think that's correct. There may be additional elements that they have to pay, but they all pay the same fees if they use the same level of service.

I've never seen an international element on the fees on private school websites.

International students pay more they make up the bulk of the billions to the treasury, its worth I don’t remember the figures but Universities students pay triple the amount.? That was from the shadow education minister
Copy and paste I looked it up.
“Their real value has increased by 81% between 2010 and 2021. Economic consultancy London Economics estimates that international students starting in 2021/22 would bring economic benefits to the UK of £41.9 billion, have costs to the UK of £4.4 billion, and hence net economic benefits of £37.4 billion.28 May 2024”

Last edited:
International students pay more they make up the bulk of the billions to the treasury, its worth I don’t remember the figures but Universities students pay triple the amount.? That was from the shadow education minister.
Wouldn’t they also actually pay up front as well unlike our students who pay off over years once they hit a certain wage bracket? If you took that away they’d be broke.

International students pay more they make up the bulk of the billions to the treasury, its worth I don’t remember the figures but Universities students pay triple the amount.? That was from the shadow education minister.

That's correct for universities. Cambridge medical school charges over £67k a year.

It's not true for private schools though.

The money isn't going the treasury though is it?

Unless you are talking about visa fees,the money goes direct to universities. If they don't pay upfront they are on short term payment plans with the individual universities.

That's correct for universities. Cambridge medical school charges over £67k a year.

Unless you are talking about visa fees,the money goes direct to universities. If they don't pay upfront they are on short term payment plans with the individual universities.

Talking to a mate who's a Dean he reckons not only have they got significant issues with overseas numbers from their traditional markets they've now got an increasing issue with arrears with international students.

The govt have vaguely alluded to the mess the HE sector is in but they will need to get their thinking caps on big time at some point cause the current situation is not sustainable.

Unless you are talking about visa fees,the money goes direct to universities. If they don't pay upfront they are on short term payment plans with the individual
International students pay more they make up the bulk of the billions to the treasury, its worth I don’t remember the figures but Universities students pay triple the amount.? That was from the shadow education minister
Copy and paste I looked it up.
“Their real value has increased by 81% between 2010 and 2021. Economic consultancy London Economics estimates that international students starting in 2021/22 would bring economic benefits to the UK of £41.9 billion, have costs to the UK of £4.4 billion, and hence net economic benefits of £37.4 billion.28 May 2024”

It was a TV discussion with the head of University and schools I think it must mean the total 37.4 billion will be food housing and all the other things the family of an international student needs
He said places were down by .5% already and it will mean closure of some universities
I don’t know for sure but say home student pays one thousand an international student will pay 9 thousand ?
It must mean your top private schools the ones none of us went to “Eton”etc.it’s a difficult choice for government to make but with the country seeking less immigration the government has to do something about it. The Conservative government stopped families from coming with the students

International students have to pay for healthcare and VISA’s

Last edited:
Not exactly, but it is in a sense. The huge international student fees basically subsidize the local ones, meaning that the treasury doesn't have to properly fund universities any more. Well, until the whole university ticking time bomb catches up with us. British students now pay more on average than American ones. And yeah, our loan terms are favourable, but that still means there's a shit ton of debt that someone's going to have to pay off at some point.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.