The Labour Party

No, of course it isn't anywhere near as bad as the above statements... but it is still reprimandable and was rightly deleted and action taken. Comparing one awful statement to another awful statement, in an attempt to justify it as not being as bad, still doesn't neutralise the initial sentiment that was said as being acceptable.

It was deleted because it was reprehensible to suggest that Sunak isn't representative of the Asian community because of his living status. What sort of message does that send? "Rich" Asians aren't real Asians because real Asians are meant to be from poorer backgrounds, otherwise they aren't an accurate representation of the community at large? Being of Indian and Hindu heritage isn't what Sunak is trying to be, it's who he is. It's a very odd specific for Nadia Whittome to attack him on.

She didn’t say he wasn’t representative of the Asian community though, she said he wasn’t a win for Asian representation.

It was deleted because the politics of it weren’t good, as a lot of people would interpret it in the way you have there (and that interpretation is more worrying than anything she said). I’d agree that it didn’t need the multimillionaire reference in there although I think that was more referencing a political point of the rich looking after the rich, I’d also argue though that plenty of people say that rich MPs aren’t representative of them and have done for decades. Not sure what’s different in this case from her perspective.

Last edited:
Rayner today said the government made irresponsible spending plans and then in the next breath said the government is wrong to cut back.
Totally contradictory and this is the problem. They seem to be banking on getting into power by the Tories losing it rather than them winning it.

Until we get the - put back again !! - budget with ONS conclusions to go with it they cannot really challenge/say much that is a challenge - my guess is the ONS report is in - its bad - and Hunt is looking to tailor a budget that fits the ONS report

Disagree with it, by all means, getting it deleted and a telling off for it? It isn't like she said she was going to "break him as a man" or
whatsapp-messages.jpg

anything as bad as that, is it?

If thats real Plod should be knocking on a few doors in the morning

Tip of the iceberg

Great documentaries that expose the toxic hold far right Israeli politics has on our system. I recommend anyone with the time and an open mind gives them a watch. However, they have to be viewed as being through the al Jazeera prism - not AS, but certainly pro-arab/ Palestine so not impartial.

If she’s against the main point of Labour getting the vote, then she’s against change.

Very simply, the Unions no longer have the huge sway that they had, they are no longer relevant in this current society.

Things need to change. When people see Sunak as the best alternative then you know things are really wrong. An absolute **** in many books where even his own constituents worry about him.

It will be your choice. Vote for or vote against, you may have that final vote. However, beware of what you vote for, Bluemoon will always have a say ;-)
6.5 million people ‘no longer relevant’?

She didn’t say he wasn’t representative of the Asian community though, she said he wasn’t a win for Asian representation.

It was deleted because the politics of it weren’t good, as a lot of people would interpret it in the way you have there (and that interpretation is more worrying than anything she said). I’d agree that it didn’t need the multimillionaire reference in there although I think that was more referencing a political point of the rich looking after the rich, I’d also argue though that plenty of people say that rich MPs aren’t representative of them and have done for decades. Not sure what’s different in this case from her perspective.

Something to do with Nadia being a leftwing MP [who donates half her salary to charity, plus care worker wages during the pandemic] and the poster being a breximentalist?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.