The Labour Party

The Qataris saying the Labour Party has internal politics and isn't democratic.

Sharia Law is what they prefer Postman, try that.
The Qataris said what ..... I must have missed that episode :)

I take your point. It's not ideal that the network it was shown is owned by the Qatari state and therefore cannot be considered as entirely free and independent. Would they for example commission a documentary that exposed health and safety standards on Qatari building sites? Absolutely not.

It is also problematic because it provides an easy get out clause for people to dismiss it out of hand. In an ideal world it would have been broadcast on one of our own networks, so what does it say about them?
What happened to the likes of World in Action and Dispatches? More to the point what the fuck has happened to Panaroma and the BBC in general.
The credibility of that 2019 doc has been shot to pieces not only by AJ but also by the Forde report, which highlighted an e-mail that was presented out of context to change it's meaning, heard that before! Thats one big glass house we are throwing stones at Al-Jazeera from when it comes to state owned broadcasters.

By the media unless Sunak turns around the polls and is a few points off before a GE must be called.

It was more aimed at a few on here who haven't watched it. Still no answer to my Rosie Duffield question either. Racism and transphobia are okay with people these days it seems.

Honestly shocking to read that!

Might as well say he's against safety regulations and wage rises in a cost of living crisis!

The minds of some people!
Fucking hell, how to skew a conversation.

The context of the statement was with regard to how, in this current era, what control they have on the Labour Party.

However, you both knew that, didn’t you, and just tried the usual ‘discredit, disinfo tactic’.

May as well be Donald Trump.

Is anybody able to tell me what she said that was wrong?

Pretty sure she's of Asian descent, so can say what she wants as she has a dog in the fight.

Never understand how another race can cite what's 'problematic' in that kind of situation as they don't live in their shoes.

She's done nowt wrong in my eyes.

Fucking hell, how to skew a conversation.

The context of the statement was with regard to how, in this current era, what control they have on the Labour Party.

However, you both knew that, didn’t you, and just tried the usual ‘discredit, disinfo tactic’.

May as well be Donald Trump.

You put your statement in no context whatsoever. You should read it again and others have pulled you up on it.

Without unions, we wouldn't have the safety we have now, we wouldn't have the pay we have now, nor the ability to have paid holidays, sickness pay and more besides. Do you think businesses would have freely done any of that?

You were extremely short sighted and have doubled down on your nonsense instead of retracting that statement or reframed it better.

I don't expect it any time soon, either.

Are you one of those 6.5 million and are you voting Labour?
Yes and yes. Not that it’ll do any good mind as I’m in a seat that would happily elect Truss if she stood here, even after the last few weeks.

That being said, I’d happily vote Liberal if the Labour Party were clever enough not to stand here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.