The Labour Party

Disagree it's giving current or future management the tools to run the organisation effectively whether that is gov run or private is a policy decision both can be effective.
That'd be ok if the layers of management themselves were not a source of inefficiency.

You got it. That is one of the first things that needs sorting along with purchasing.
Purchasing for sure. A lot of publicly funded organisations (health, defence, education) are under more pressure to maintain accounting transparency than get good value - hence the stories of £10 light bulbs etc. Generally purchase and procurement have to stay within the lane of contracts and it creates a cartel or closed shop.

Purchasing for sure. A lot of publicly funded organisations (health, defence, education) are under more pressure to maintain accounting transparency than get good value - hence the stories of £10 light bulbs etc. Generally purchase and procurement have to stay within the lane of contracts and it creates a cartel or closed shop.
There's loads more in there a colleague of mine did a 6 month secondment with the NHS with one of their cost engineers coming the other way the waste would surprise you but there is massive resistance to change from within.

There's loads more in there a colleague of mine did a 6 month secondment with the NHS with one of their cost engineers coming the other way the waste would surprise you but there is massive resistance to change from within.
And there lies the problem.
Resistance to change .
From Porter right through to Senior Consultant, none are prepared to accept advice on how their jobs could be done more efficiently.
It’s an impossible task for any Party to bring change and a political hot potato as well

I love how the right wing use the word efficiency as double speak for working harder with no reward for doing so.

People seriously think front line, understaffed NHS workers don't work hard?

Cut out the bullshit management jobs and use the wages saved to increase pay and staffing levels of the real workers who are there to save lives not profit from impossible targets set.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.