The Labour Party

I'm accepting the fact I'm a minority politically.

Thatchers 'social revolution' is evident.

A nation of the self interest. Seeing equity as oppression.

A labour party being moulded in Cameron era conservatives and a Tory party soon to be led by Nigel Farage claiming the UKIP ground.

Corporate rule over the people as Serco, Mitie etc donate to whichever party is in power to keep their taxpayer money and lucrative contracts whilst giving the people who earn minimal pay and no job security. A nation slowly being turned into a gig economy where workers will be undercutting each other to earn a Bob.

What a shite society to live in.
I think pretty much anyone with strong political opinions is in a minority.

One of my most memorable "political" experiences, was when I worked in a factory at the age of 18 in 1989. Someone mentioned Thatcher, and another person didn't know who she was, so she asked the whole canteen. Dozens of people were debating who she was, some thought she had been PM, but wasn't any more, plenty thought she was in the Labour party!

She'd been PM for ten, long, fucking horrible years at this point.

After listening to two of them I actually wouldn't mind Tories staying in power. And I fucking hate the motherfuckers.
One of today's conversations:

Tory on doorstep: "The Labour Conference didn't fill me with confidence."

Me: did the Tory conference?

"No. But you know what to expect with the Tories."

Listening to New statesman and The News Agents podcast it seems labour have got the Westminster political commentators are impressed.

"Stealth radicalism" one of them called it.

"Labour are saying they are going to create a state owned energy company and non of the usual right wing media outlets haven't attacked it."

Also mentioned labour fighting the election on class. The plan is to redefine working class as fighting entitlement of the Tories and their donors.

Very insightful.

As I say it'll be better to judge should they get in government. Blair promised a lot. Got some things done but let other pledges slide to appease business.
All his five main pledges were achieved.

More like not knowing what speakers might say or what placards might be showing in the background. (One speaker at one rally citing the "Al Aqsa flood" - Hamas name for last Saturday's raid. Best avoided, I'd say.)
It should always really. The Labour Party aren’t going to solve that particular crisis.

I think pretty much anyone with strong political opinions is in a minority.

One of my most memorable "political" experiences, was when I worked in a factory at the age of 18 in 1989. Someone mentioned Thatcher, and another person didn't know who she was, so she asked the whole canteen. Dozens of people were debating who she was, some thought she had been PM, but wasn't any more, plenty thought she was in the Labour party!

She'd been PM for ten, long, fucking horrible years at this point.
Sorry, but that is very hard to believe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.