The Labour Party

State of this party.

You would have to be a complete moron to go to a pro-Palestine March as a politician.

Not because Palestinian freedom isn’t worth supporting, but because you’re putting yourself under the same umbrella as a lot of people with very extreme views.

And no one cares if you are anti-Hamas and believe Israel has a right to exist if the protest turns and is taken over by the radical wing of the pro-Palestine groups and then hits the news.

When you go to a protest you’ve got no agency in what the protest turns into or what views start to dominate. You can think you’re going to represent a reasonable position but end up being tarred with the brush of the most extreme in the crowd. I think the same probably applies to a pro-Israel March too, because supporting Israel before they finish their retaliation is lending your support to everything they might do in the next 2 weeks, and I wouldn’t want to do that either.

Last edited:
It's really not that difficult, any Labour MP or toolmakers son could just do what decent people do support or condemn based on what is actually happening
We should be united on this, let’s follow all party leads and not turn it into political cheap jibes.

We should be united on this, let’s follow all party leads and not turn it into political cheap jibes.
Says something when the premier league put out a more sensible and balanced statement on it though than either leader of the two main partys.

condem the terrorism but also demand any actions in defence of the nation is within international law and don't condone collective punishment

not really hard is it.

The rumoured letter sent to CLPs and BLPs threatening to expell members seen to be supporting palestine while promoting labour is OTT and goes against party democracy

Sorry, but that is very hard to believe.
That's a pretty rude thing to say. Disappointed in you, to be honest.

It would also be such a bizarre and pointless thing to make up.

I suspect with social media, people are a bit more aware these days, but there have been surveys in the internet age where a majority couldn't name the PM. There are a hell of a lot of people who just don't engage at all, and it's probably why the likes of Johnson and Farage do well as simple caricatures that cut through beyond politics.

Says something when the premier league put out a more sensible and balanced statement on it though than either leader of the two main partys.

condem the terrorism but also demand any actions in defence of the nation is within international law and don't condone collective punishment

not really hard is it.

The rumoured letter sent to CLPs and BLPs threatening to expell members seen to be supporting palestine while promoting labour is OTT and goes against party democracy
Totally agree, but let’s see the reality rather than the rumours. Sick to death of bullshit and lies making peoples minds up.

not really hard is it.

Assume it's the one below?

---------------------------------------
In light of current and fast-changing events in Israel and Gaza, I wanted to share the below guidance with CLPs and BLPs. This is in line with guidance that has been circulated to other units of the Labour Party.

Upcoming protests and demonstrations

There will be a number of protests and demonstrations taking place over the weekend. Elected representatives have been given strong advice not to attend any of these events, and I would urge you to exercise similar caution. Not only is this in the interests of our members’ safety, but also to avoid placing colleagues in a position where they may share a platform with, or are close to, individuals that threaten to undermine the values and principles of the Labour Party.

In the event that individual members are in attendance at these protests and demonstration, I ask that no Labour Party banners are taken along. Individuals will not have the ability to control who they will be photographed alongside, and this risks threatening the Labour Party’s ability to campaign against any form of racism and discrimination.

Motions

The Party’s leadership has been clear that Labour fully supports Israel’s right to defend itself, rescue hostages and protect civilians in line with international law. We must also distinguish the terrorists Hamas from the people of Palestine, and Labour has called for humanitarian access to Gaza, for food, water, electricity and medicines.

I recognise that these tragic events in the Middle East will trigger great emotion and debate. However, I will not let that become a flashpoint for the expression of views that undermine the Labour Party’s ability to provide a safe and welcoming space for all its members. This includes attempts to table motions at meetings that are prejudicial or grossly detrimental to the Labour Party and risk infringing the Labour Party’s Codes of Conduct on Antisemitism and Islamophobia. Accordingly, and consistent with previous precedent, any such motions will be ruled out of order.

If you have further queries in this regard, please direct them in the first instance to your regional or national office.

Social media

Members are reminded that they are expected to treat all people with dignity and respect, whether offline or online. Whilst members should feel able to take part in lawful and respectful discussion, abusing someone online is completely unacceptable. Further, officers should ensure that official social media accounts are not used to promote statements or events that are likely to bring the Party into disrepute. The Labour Party stands against all forms of abuse, and we will take action against those who commit it. Harassment, intimidation, hateful language and bullying are never acceptable.

Members are encouraged to review the Labour Party’s Code of Conduct: Social Media Policy here: https://labour.org.uk/resources/labours-social-media-policy/

Any member found in breach of our rules, codes of conduct, policies and/or guidelines of the Labour Party will be dealt with according to the rules and procedures of the Labour Party, and this may include being investigated and becoming subject to disciplinary action.

Reporting complaints to the Labour Party

No member of the Labour Party shall engage in conduct that brings the Labour Party into disrepute or which undermines the Labour Party’s ability to campaign against any form of racism, including (but not limited to) antisemitism, Islamophobia, Afrophobia and anti-Black racism, as well as disablism or discrimination based on sex or sexual orientation. Be assured that the Labour Party takes complaints seriously and we will investigate any such complaints fully and in line with our procedures.

If you or someone else considers that a Labour Party member has breached our rules, this should be reported to us here: https://labour.org.uk/resources/making-a-complaint/. In order to learn more about how the Labour Party handles complaints, visit: https://labour.org.uk/complaints/.

External support

Members may wish to consider the following organisations, which are independent of the Labour Party and free for anyone to access:

Community Security Trust: is a charity that protects British Jews from antisemitism and related threats. CST received charitable status in 1994 and is recognised by police and Government as a unique model of best practice. CST provides security advice and training for Jewish communal organisations, schools and synagogues. CST secures over 650 Jewish communal buildings and approximately 1,000 communal events every year. If you are reporting an incident of antisemitism to the Labour Party, we would encourage you to also report the incident to the CST by visiting www.cst.org.uk/report-incident or by telephoning (24 hours) 0800 032 3263.

Tell MAMA: you can report and seek advice and support in response to Anti-Muslim Hate or Islamophobia at: www.tellmamauk.org

True Vision: has been developed so that you can report hate crimes online – you do not have to visit a police station to report. The police will record and investigate this offence, even if you do not want to give your details. You can find further information at: www.report-it.org.uk/your_police_force

Best wishes,

David Evans

General Secretary

A long decent from Britain's greatest prime minister Clement Attlee, and later Harold Wilson, their aim was aspiration, education, free health care and a better society. Too one beging CLPs not to go on a march with rabid anti-Semites. The present government is obviously shite i'm sorry but the labour party will not be getting my vote next time.

A long decent from Britain's greatest prime minister Clement Attlee, and later Harold Wilson, their aim was aspiration, education, free health care and a better society. Too one beging CLPs not to go on a march with rabid anti-Semites. The present government is obviously shite i'm sorry but the labour party will not be getting my vote next time.
If you think of it like that then probably better off that you vote for ABL.

What I’ve realised by reading these threads is that, apart from them being very closed, is that there are the few who will say anything to make themselves feel better about their thoughts on how the country should be run, but the mention of acronyms always gives the sentiment away.

Labour have stated that they will improve your existence in accordance with what you say, aspiration, education and free healthcare, but you somehow see it otherwise.

Don‘t know what to say, if you believe that then you haven’t been listening.

If you think of it like that then probably better off that you vote for ABL.

What I’ve realised by reading these threads is that, apart from them being very closed, is that there are the few who will say anything to make themselves feel better about their thoughts on how the country should be run, but the mention of acronyms always gives the sentiment away.

Labour have stated that they will improve your existence in accordance with what you say, aspiration, education and free healthcare, but you somehow see it otherwise.

Don‘t know what to say, if you believe that then you haven’t been listening.
Heard that in 1997, what about the Anti-semites.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.