The Labour Party

That's a pretty rude thing to say. Disappointed in you, to be honest.

It would also be such a bizarre and pointless thing to make up.

I suspect with social media, people are a bit more aware these days, but there have been surveys in the internet age where a majority couldn't name the PM. There are a hell of a lot of people who just don't engage at all, and it's probably why the likes of Johnson and Farage do well as simple caricatures that cut through beyond politics.

Were you the youngest person there? Is it possible that it was just a joke that they rather unkindly didn't fess up about afterwards?

Because that's actually more believable.

Were you the youngest person there? Is it possible that it was just a joke that they rather unkindly didn't fess up about afterwards?

Because that's actually more believable.
That's an even more bizarre take. Have you really never had a conversation with a group of people who haven't got a clue about politics?

The girl who mentioned Thatcher was an 18 year old, about to go to Uni, doing a Summer job. The girl who didn't know Thatcher at all was 17/18. She asked a woman at the next table, who was in her 20s, and who had heard of her, but wasn't sure of anything more. She was pretty loud, and asked the whole room who she was. Clearly plenty knew she was PM, and/or knew she was a Tory, but enough had only a vague idea, or thought she was probably Labour, that for a few minutes they were debating what the right answer was.

The thought of it being some kind of joke that they all managed to spontaneously realise was happening and then keep up is really odd.

That's an even more bizarre take. Have you really never had a conversation with a group of people who haven't got a clue about politics?

The girl who mentioned Thatcher was an 18 year old, about to go to Uni, doing a Summer job. The girl who didn't know Thatcher at all was 17/18. She asked a woman at the next table, who was in her 20s, and who had heard of her, but wasn't sure of anything more. She was pretty loud, and asked the whole room who she was. Clearly plenty knew she was PM, and/or knew she was a Tory, but enough had only a vague idea, or thought she was probably Labour, that for a few minutes they were debating what the right answer was.

The thought of it being some kind of joke that they all managed to spontaneously realise was happening and then keep up is really odd.
So from plenty thought she was Labour it's now plenty knew who she was.

After the Falklands, a miners' strike, mass unemployment as a political tactic, and ten years as PM, it must have been a strange workforce that didn't know who was PM. Standard test for dementia!

So from plenty thought she was Labour it's now plenty knew who she was.

After the Falklands, a miners' strike, mass unemployment as a political tactic, and ten years as PM, it must have been a strange workforce that didn't know who was PM. Standard test for dementia!
Seriously - don't try and pretend you insulted me because it wasn't clear to you. That's even cheaper.

The whole point of the story is the people who didn't know much about politics, and didn't know straight away that she was the Tory PM. Both the fact that plenty knew who she was, and plenty thought she was Labour are both true, but one is clearly the Man Bites Dog point of the story.

It did occur to me that maybe they'd been affected by fumes or something ;) - But, while it shocked me at the time, it didn't surprise me in hindsight, given some of the other conversations I had there. I've always made a point since of talking to people about their lives and politics, and sadly it wasn't that strange or unusual.

You are correct but unfortunately this is the Labour thread and I was replying to a poster in the Labour thread. I am more convinced you actually are Sir Keir Starmer as each day passes:-)
I’ll be there for him until the joke of a Tory party are out on their arse. Will you be there for Sunak?

You are correct but unfortunately this is the Labour thread and I was replying to a poster in the Labour thread. I am more convinced you actually are Sir Keir Starmer as each day passes:-)
"Are you sure Boris Johnson, Rishi Sunak, Keir Starmer, King Charles, Nigel Farage and Jeremy Corbyn are ALL Man City fans?"

"They must be... they all post regularly on Blue Moon."

I’ll be there for him until the joke of a Tory party are out on their arse. Will you be there for Sunak?

No I will be voting green again Keir but I expect you to win comfortably. If your old man is alive and well give him my best. Does he still live in the maisonette with the whippet ? If so I will pop round with his woodbines.

No I will be voting green again Keir but I expect you to win comfortably. If your old man is alive and well give him my best. Does he still live in the maisonette with the whippet ? If so I will pop round with his woodbines.
No, my old man passed away some years ago. Thanks for asking though.

Interesting to see a lot of the old Tory supporters not voting for them any more and shows how out of touch the party have become over the years. The only people I know who will still vote for them are those of a certain age who do nothing but complain about where this country is going. Do they not understand the irony of that?

No, my old man passed away some years ago. Thanks for asking though.

Interesting to see a lot of the old Tory supporters not voting for them any more and shows how out of touch the party have become over the years. The only people I know who will still vote for them are those of a certain age who do nothing but complain about where this country is going. Do they not understand the irony of that?

I actually think, unless they are lying, you could count those supporting the Tories who post on this part of the forum are in single digits.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.