The Labour Party

So those red Tory bastards have shot themselves in the foot today with that disgraceful circus, if they want more Scottish votes. I would vote for the actual Tories before they absolute cunts. Starmer is nothing but a lying Tory bastard.

So those red Tory bastards have shot themselves in the foot today with that disgraceful circus, if they want more Scottish votes. I would vote for the actual Tories before they absolute cunts. Starmer is nothing but a lying Tory bastard.
I think, in Scotland, the one party I wouldn’t be voting for would be SNP. Completely backfired for them today. And how didn’t they see it coming, Labour had been taking about the ‘ceasefire’ issue for a couple of weeks.

Probably didn’t notice, who listens to Labour anyway.

what was the purpose of not having a vote on the SNP proposal first?
If the SNP proposal had passed, then the Labour amendment would have amended it.
Is there a reason to believe the SNP proposal would not have passed?

I understand why the SNP are annoyed about their motion not actually being voted on.

what was the purpose of not having a vote on the SNP proposal first?
If the SNP proposal had passed, then the Labour amendment would have amended it.
Is there a reason to believe the SNP proposal would not have passed?

I understand why the SNP are annoyed about their motion not actually being voted on.

Actually, Newsnight have tried explaining how messy it was.
The SNP and Labour motions would normally be expected to be defeated, but then the Conservatives feared a revolt and pulled what would have been expected to pass...

Seems a bit like 3D chess, where a decision is made based on expectations which then don't come to pass.

The Speaker's thoughts about MP safety seems to me to be too glibly waved away without much consideration of the validity of those thoughts.

The SNP and Labour motions would normally be expected to be defeated, but then the Conservatives feared a revolt and pulled what would have been expected to pass...

Seems a bit like 3D chess, where a decision is made based on expectations which then don't come to pass.

The Speaker's thoughts about MP safety seems to me to be too glibly waved away without much consideration of the validity of those thoughts.
It was those that lost out that dismissed the MP safety issue, those that turned our Parliament into a badly run nursery.

Any thoughts on the substantial issue here? Mass slaughter and collective punishment of a civilian population for instance. 3D chess ffs.

It was those that lost out that dismissed the MP safety issue, those that turned our Parliament into a badly run nursery.

If MP's are being attacked or stalked and threatened by pro=Palestine supporters we need to sort them out, however the MP's are all cowards, if they can't follow morals they shouldn't be in the job.

Yeah both of those are very worrying. The conservatives only pulled their vote because they didn’t have the numbers to succeed. That essentially means opposition parties are setting foreign policy which should really be an untenable position for a government to be in.

The other bit is if Hoyle is only allowing amendments in case of safety of MPs then that’s clearly a fucked up situation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.