The Labour Party

That’s the worry and the turnout of just over 32% is desperately low.

What’s wrong with people that they simply can’t be arsed to vote anymore?
I think it’s more that your vote usually tends to make little difference, usually red or blue areas stay that way, the 2019 was a bit of an anomaly with the backlash against Corbyn, now the Tories are getting it in the neck (rightly so) there does seem to be a shift with a few independents locally getting voted in now as everyone tires of the main two, reform is getting the blue votes now, they will disappear in a few years as the tories change their tune to win them back.

Looks like been a good day for Labour. Greens and Lib Dems also making gains.

No doubt the media will oblige us to see the results through the lens of Tory trauma with wall to wall Reform coverage and little else.

No doubt the media will oblige us to see the results through the lens of Tory trauma with wall to wall Reform coverage and little else.

Probably, after all the right wing psychodrama is central to much of their interests.

The only startling statistic is the low turnout which doesn't bode well. The Blackpool South by-election saw a turnout of just 32.5%. It points to a certain Labour victory but it isn't exactly a resounding one.

Can someone save me the horror of trawling through the MEN's unnavigable website and give me the lowdown on what's happened in Oldham?

Given the demographics there I guess it's either Brexit fuckwits or George Galloway fuckwits, or both?

The only startling statistic is the low turnout which doesn't bode well. The Blackpool South by-election saw a turnout of just 32.5%. It points to a certain Labour victory but it isn't exactly a resounding one.

It is Starmer’s fifth 20 point swing victory. Blair got four. The General Election is going to be a resounding Tory rout.

I think it’s more that your vote usually tends to make little difference, usually red or blue areas stay that way, the 2019 was a bit of an anomaly with the backlash against Corbyn, now the Tories are getting it in the neck (rightly so) there does seem to be a shift with a few independents locally getting voted in now as everyone tires of the main two, reform is getting the blue votes now, they will disappear in a few years as the tories change their tune to win them back.
2019 was the high water mark for brexit and various other lies. 40 hospitals anyone? It drove turn out for the right wing from working class idiots who couldn't see it for what it was.

Tories deserve the backlash. Let's hope they are forced to eat shit for numerous election nights to come.

But idiots are out there and they have the right to vote. So who knows what will appeal to them in future.

People live busy lives. They haven't the time (and often the intellect) to research complex stuff in detail*. Many are influenced by what they read in the papers or on the internet. Others just go with gut feeling - often hatred for some imagined enemy. The EU, Corbyn, brown people, boat people - whoever they feel is responsible for their discontent.

This is why democracy doesn't work properly. Add to that a really stupid and inadequate voting system and you can see why you get so many bozos in Parliament and on Councils.

* Who does have the time unless they're paid for it or abnormally interested in whatever subject is in question?

There all shooting up in the BnB's or should I say halfway houses.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.