The Lack of Atmosphere

I think we should get Delia smith on board to get the ground going, quiet frankly the Jamie Oliver food is not working out, so its time for a new chef, and Delia fits the bill. I mean she must be beside herself with the garbage she is watching at Old Trafford, the Green and Gold is getting Old and she may well want to change scenery. I was in the family stand at the game on Monday, the Atmosphere was pretty poor but I could hear the east stand from where I was sat and it seemed decent to me. I just think the crowd where nervous, Chelsea where getting the better of City and that can have a bad effect on the fans!. There weren't enough get up of your arses moments for me, I love singing at City and I get annoyed when the atmosphere is bad, I tried my best to get things going our end, but you could hear the moans louder than the chants. Just Nerves : (

Blue Theatre said:
Thanks for the Wolves/City comparison ... it does tend to confirm that there is something wrong/missing at City for some reason.

Two things you mention that I agree are a big part of it:

1) the seating / standing difference ... it's just harder to get excited and be noisy if you're sitting down. Everyone associates sitting-down with being calm / resting. There's no good reason now why football clubs shouldn't have standing sections - given that other divisions / countries / sports do it quite happily - but I don't know how hard the Premier League clubs are really campaigning for it ?

2) I am also amazed at the abuse and moaning that starts-up the moment the slightest thing goes wrong - an opposition goal (how dare City concede even one !) or a badly-placed pass. I have heard people shouting things like "You're rubbish, Silva !" which is frankly ridiculous. And should the opposition dare to have any sort of sustained possession for even 5 minutes, the rumblings and shaking of heads that go on are ridiculous. The discontent and anxiety are palpable. Bizarre when you consider City's home record for the past 3 years - the team have hardly let us down or given cause for concern.
Even more ridiculous when you think how far we have come in such a short period of time - I would have expected City fans of all fans, to give the likes of Silva, Negredo, etc some respect (if not awe) and appreciate that not every player can be fantastic every match, but it only takes a couple of less-than-perfect passes or touches and it all starts up.

Thank you for taking your time to read it and give some feedback!

But I completely agree with you, I too have no idea why in this day and age we can't have consistent standing! It truly does get the crowd going, and I'm sure it really would be influential at the Etihad! Only negative with the Halliwell is that you're extremely close to people at times and have to squeeze around to find a place!

Exactly, I for one have never shouted abuse at a player, they're human...just like you and me, mistakes prove that, and just like, for example; Joe Hart recently, he clearly got too confident or just went a bit downhill for a while, took a break off, and now look at him, proving why he's still England's number one!
Like you said, all players have there off days, personally my favourites always been Zab man, but against chelsea he really struggled, do I hate him? Did I shout abuse? No of course not, him and the team learn from it and come back stronger!
Again, thanks for your response and I agree completely with your comments

I think there's a vicious circle going on;

The move to a new arena type stadium is very tough and generating noise is not easy, especially with the amount of people who just go to watch and sit there.

So the club think of an idea (usually crap) like a song pre kick off or a chappy on the touch line waving a flag.

A lot of fans, particularly johnny come latelies, then think they have less of a job to do as 'atmosphere' is being created for them.

It gets quieter and the feedback questionnaires and forums are awash with moans about atmosphere.

So the club put on more entertainment and more false noise to try and excite people but folk just simply shrink into themselves more, happy to let others (i.e. the arranged noise) to do the work for them

repeat and watch atmosphere die.

I am flying over from Dubai with my wife for a few games next month once I can book some tickets. I assure you were not the "touristy" types! We are supporters of the club through good times and bad. We will certainly be singing along with the regulars. Not all tourists go to city games to take pics and support both teams!

zeddie said:
I am flying over from Dubai with my wife for a few games next month once I can book some tickets. I assure you were not the "touristy" types! We are supporters of the club through good times and bad. We will certainly be singing along with the regulars. Not all tourists go to city games to take pics and support both teams!

you'll be singing alone

(just kiddin mate ........have a good trip and enjoy the games)

It was flat on Monday after 15 minutes because we could all see it was going tits up on the pitch, and instead of getting behind the team, all the moaning minnies open their gobs and nothing in support of the team was evident. Vocal support, as witnessed in Germany, Italy and Spain etc. is non stop. Our vocal support is very ad hoc, It seems we would rather get all frustrated and withdraw into our shells...Why...?

Will always be shit untill they sort out a dedicated area for the guys who want to sing,they should give us all the area behind the goal,put the away fans out of the way as high up as they can,if people moan about thats my seat well tuff this is how its going to be,were the laughing stock of football when its comes to atmosphere,

Taza said:
Will always be shit untill they sort out a dedicated area for the guys who want to sing,they should give us all the area behind the goal,put the away fans out of the way as high up as they can,if people moan about thats my seat well tuff this is how its going to be,were the laughing stock of football when its comes to atmosphere,

Laughing stock?! whilst I agree it may not be great, its the same for the majority of the teams in the league. Plus I would say we have one of the best away support so we are hardly the laughing stock

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.