The Left Back position

He's playing "mind games". Whenever a name was mentioned in the past some other club pricked up their ears, expressed an interest and all of a sudden the player's value was increased to a level we were not prepared to go.
We'll see, but I don't think he is, and unless we sell (a bit stupid with the injury list we seem to have), we really have no spare spaces, its not just simply about throwing money at it.

Mendy is the answer he was rated one of the best left backs in europe and all the top clubs were after him , he has had a horrific time with injuries and to write him off at this stage is premature , after the first six games this season he had the most assists in the Premier league and although many appear to think he is a useless defender but the modern wing back is now judged first on their attacking ability and Mendy is one of the best in the business. His social media antics shouldnt deter from his ability on the pitch , all that really matters is his popularity with his team mates and he appears to a welcome addition when he is a around the club.
Right now with Mendy out , Laporte has to cover that position he is the only left handed natural defender with genuine pace in the squad , we have three other decent centre backs to make up a back four (when they are fit)

We've only one left back, that's the problem.

1 left back for what looks like being 2 seasons isnt a good look. Especially when he's been injured for nearly the lot. We need any left back in and asap I don't care who it is atm.

Left Back is cursed. the fact this thread is 5 years old and still going strong demonstrates that.

I would be happy with any bog standard experienced full back with premier league experience in January. Even someone like Fuchs who is 32 and is out of the side at Leicester because of Chilwell coming through would be fine. Probably cost sod all.

Left Back is cursed. the fact this thread is 5 years old and still going strong demonstrates that.

I would be happy with any bog standard experienced full back with premier league experience in January. Even someone like Fuchs who is 32 and is out of the side at Leicester because of Chilwell coming through would be fine. Probably cost sod all.

"Aah, you are calling from Manchester City, you say. Fuchs? That will be £35 million."

We need to get our scouting right when we sign a new LB. Mendy wasn't a mistake in this respect but has been very unlucky. With the way that we play & the demands that are on him it's highly likely these long term injuries are going to keep happening. The new LB must have been playing high intensity football for a few years with no serious injury lay offs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.