The Leicester City Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They have self belief, an on fire striker, a good manager, aren't picking up injuries and more than a few good players. We cannot rely on them stumbling. We need to really up our game for the rest of the season, starting next game. If we could play with the same power and desire they are showing we'd be well clear.

I hope they come second to us.

I don't. There's absolutely no pressure on them at all imo. They are a mid table side overachieving on an amazing run. There's no expectation on them this season. Wherever they finish they'll be chuffed with a great season, even if that's 5th or 6th (which I don't think it will be I think they'll get top 4).

It's next season when the pressure is on them as they'll be expected to go and do it again.

Just like the dippers when they finished runners up. Look at them now

If they won the league.. would probably be one of the biggest achievements in football.. Not that they will mind!

It would be one of the biggest achievements in sport in general, let alone football. For me, it would trump Clough taking Forest from the second division to first division Champions in the next season, and Greece winning Euro 2004. It would be on par with Hellas Verona winning Serie A in 1985.

Its even more amazing to think that Leicester were playing in League One as recently as 2009, the same season we were bought by ADUG. Now we're battling them for the Premier League title. Funny how these things turn out.

I realised today who they remind me of. In some ways, they remind me of that Forest team of 77-78. They came from virtually nowhere, too.
No stars. Club on a pretty limited budget. Compact stadium by the Trent — capacity sort of similar to King Power Stadium. Three or four players of genuine talent (in Forest's case, it was Withe, Woodcock, Anderson). Above all, everybody running and playing for everybody else, and a general feelgood factor in the team and the club that took them through on a wave of euphoria to the end of the season as champions. Just had a look at it on U Tube. The clip of them against us brought back the memories, because I was at the City Ground that day. We'd been tipped by some of the pundits to be champions that year, and I really thought we were going to do it.
They did the simple things well. They went on to win the old version of the CL, and that was even more unexpected. Now there's no conceiveable universe in which Leicester could do that, but just as Forest were that year, Leicester could be champions this. It wouldn't be that much more surprising.

Don't think they were particularly great today, miles better than us and fully deserving bof the winut we were woeful. They did a job on us as we're extremely predictable and any well organised side can and will do the same just like West Ham did to us at home early in the season. Spurs' league to lose this. They have the momentum and the quality, and unlike us, a manager that isn't completely inept.

One thing they have is a brilliant injury record.
Maybe if our players put a little bit of effort in they might not get injured?.
The other thing with Leicester they have no Europe and no cup games.
I think they will win the league quite easily and if I'm honest they deserve to.
They spent about 10% less than we have.
Our 2 centre halves if that's what u can call them in ottemadi and magala probably cost the same as there team

Very good footballing team. Each and every player is a fighter, fighting for each other, driving at teams at pace and have goal scorers all over the park. If we can't win it I'd be pleased to see them do it.

Not a good footballing side, long ball mostly. Vardy is no great shakes.

One season wonders - they'd better win it this year because like the scousers, they will never get a better opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.