The Leicester City Thread (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well done Leicester. Earned it over the season (Yes they played less games, were only in one comp alot of the time and were lucky as fuck with injuries) but this kind of thing is good to see in sport as a whole.Fully deserved imo.

But bext season, We come back stronger, for sure and I reckon theyll struggle with all the games next season amongst keeping their star players.

Can one have a sliding scale of congratulatory remarks? Full congratulations to Leicester fans and players who felt as genuinely positive as an opposing fan can be about City being another club who could win the PL. To the others, congratulations on being a statistical anomaly! Earlier this season I would have put a bet on Chelsea and Leicester to be the first teams to have back to back PL titles and relegations, wonder those odds would have been? A man can dream...

Based on this I can see Newcastle winning the title next season under Rafa

no. it would take rafa to get the sack this summer .and a new manager who has never won anything in english football before, to take over at st james park on the 13th july 2016, hop on a plane and meet the geordies on their already started pre season training camp, and transform the premier league journeymen into champions by taking them on a gruelling pre season, with fixtures involving mighty mansfied town,rotherham utd and lincoln...then the assault on the premier league title can begin.
also the new manager must be able to keep his new team fit all season, with no injuries,even tho their game is based upon blistering fast counter -attacks and hard running.(no hamstring strains or calf tears allowed)
the new manger must also be able to ensure that when his oh so fast centre forward DOES get injured,and goes under the knife for a groin op, he is back, playing football at the highest level in little more than a week.
the new manager at newcastgle must also get on very well with the top dozen refs.
then the title will be his.
he must also get his head around the geordie fairytale legend,for that is what he will become.

Will they disappear ? Why can't they repeat this? If indeed they are doped and they keep their players then it would make sense for them to be just as strong next year.

Some our fanbase really are laughable. Just because a team other than us won it, and deservedly, they are labelled drug cheats. I can see why the rags call us bitter at times, I really can.

Well done to Leicester City and their manager, hopefully we will be back to our best next season and find the consistency needed for the title.

The best sport related feelgood story since Lance Armstrong won the tdf.

Weren't we linked with Ranieri before Sven joined? I seem to remember quite liking the idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.