The "let's talk" thread

Hello again.....

Bit of an unusual post to make, but over this last couple of weeks I sort of have the feeling that i've run out of steam and energy that I had earlier in this period....

I picked up a couple of little projects to keep myself busy from March onwards but I don't currently have the desire to engage with any of them. I feel like something is wrong all the time but I can't say for certain what the root is. I dare say that i'm feeling a bit like it's Groundhog Day.....

I dread bed time. I am lucky enough to be able to work from home and still earn money for now, a privilege not available to all. I have a meeting booked with a career coach tomorrow to get started on the path to a career change. I just wish I could shake the feeling of impending doom.

Hello again.....

Bit of an unusual post to make, but over this last couple of weeks I sort of have the feeling that i've run out of steam and energy that I had earlier in this period....

I picked up a couple of little projects to keep myself busy from March onwards but I don't currently have the desire to engage with any of them. I feel like something is wrong all the time but I can't say for certain what the root is. I dare say that i'm feeling a bit like it's Groundhog Day.....

I dread bed time. I am lucky enough to be able to work from home and still earn money for now, a privilege not available to all. I have a meeting booked with a career coach tomorrow to get started on the path to a career change. I just wish I could shake the feeling of impending doom.
I've had impending doom to ecstatic calm moments all my life. Trying to find a calm equilibrium of inner content and peace in one's heart is getting harder, since the outbreak of covid especially.

I'm running on reserve right now. My elderly mother had a fall and can't visit her. My longest know mate and one of my best mates since I've known since being 6, has prostate cancer and now in a hospice waiting to die. I can't visit him either. Life is shite sometimes. But within me I have mettle and fighting spirit. But life is very testing sometimes, even for the stinking rich, and I'm a chasm away from being, fortunately. I need to get back working because too much time dwelling on doom and gloom is consuming and that dark cloud will cast permanent shadow.

My escapism is fishing in beautiful surroundings away from noise and chaos. Other people do it their way to find a channel of peace. I wish you well pal, chin up. Good thread this, once again thanks Bill. Hope you're as well as can be.

I've had impending doom to ecstatic calm moments all my life. Trying to find a calm equilibrium of inner content and peace in one's heart is getting harder, since the outbreak of covid especially.

I'm running on reserve right now. My elderly mother had a fall and can't visit her. My longest know mate and one of my best mates since I've known since being 6, has prostate cancer and now in a hospice waiting to die. I can't visit him either. Life is shite sometimes. But within me I have mettle and fighting spirit. But life is very testing sometimes, even for the stinking rich, and I'm a chasm away from being, fortunately. I need to get back working because too much time dwelling on doom and gloom is consuming and that dark cloud will cast permanent shadow.

My escapism is fishing in beautiful surroundings away from noise and chaos. Other people do it their way to find a channel of peace. I wish you well pal, chin up. Good thread this, once again thanks Bill. Hope you're as well as can be.

Cheers for your reply, and best wishes to your Mum. Thanks for your perspective.

Cheers for your reply, and best wishes to your Mum. Thanks for your perspective.
No worries and thanks pal : )

I also forgot to mention that music is a soothing therapy, well is in my case anyway. Play yourself these 2 tracks. You maybe already be familiar with them. Brilliant tracks from such an underrated band I think.

Last edited:
A number of social media posts have made me aware that today is National Suicide Prevention Day. I think it's fair to say that we should try to consider our mental health regularly and talk where we can, but it seemed as good a day as any to remind once again that this thread does exist and that there are many within it who will listen to you, either via a public post or a PM. Judgment free and doesn't matter an ounce who you are or who you support. Even if you're only seeing this thread via Google and aren't even into football.

Just spoke to my mate's partner on the phone and my my mate is basically waiting to die in a cancer hospice. Been good mates with him 50 years and he's near the end, prostate cancer. She's heartbroken seeing him panting for breath on oxygen in constant pain. I managed to see him a couple of weeks back, he was quite chatty. I can't visit him now due to covid 2 visitors rule. He's hallucinating and slowly drifting away. I'm preparing for the worst and it's it's upsetting just how savage cancer is. We used to play footy at primary school, he was Colin Bell and I was Franny Lee, now he can't even walk. So sad : (

Just spoke to my mate's partner on the phone and my my mate is basically waiting to die in a cancer hospice. Been good mates with him 50 years and he's near the end, prostate cancer. She's heartbroken seeing him panting for breath on oxygen in constant pain. I managed to see him a couple of weeks back, he was quite chatty. I can't visit him now due to covid 2 visitors rule. He's hallucinating and slowly drifting away. I'm preparing for the worst and it's it's upsetting just how savage cancer is. We used to play footy at primary school, he was Colin Bell and I was Franny Lee, now he can't even walk. So sad : (
Heartfelt condolences, I lost my Dad to that type of Cancer.

Heartfelt condolences, I lost my Dad to that type of Cancer.
Thanks pal.

I just had to share that, get it off my chest be because stress can lead to depression if it builds up. I'm not stressed or depressed right now. But bottling emotions up is not good. Gotta let off steam I think.

Anyone suffering stress or depression please do not bottle it up! Either confide in a close friend, relative or seek professional help. If you want to share something that you can't deal with on here then plenty of help and advice. This thread is non judgemental, or should be!

And I can't stress the last paragraph enough!

I tried to snap myself out of feeling negative and unhappy 24/7 with trips away or spending money. It never got better. I eventually had a telephone appointment with the GP before a face to face diagnosis. I was out of action for about three months in the end but have got through it.

Professional help did it for me.

As you know I went through this last year with a top top blue mate I’d known since childhood ..... cancer is a ****.

Sorry mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.