The "let's talk" thread

My cousin found out yesterday that her daughter (only child) took her life on Tuesday. She was only 33 leaving 2 children aged 9 and 11. I took my cuz to the mortuary at Oldham Royal Infirmary yesterday and was a heavy moment to say the least.

I stayed at hers last night to be there for her and she's distraught with grief. I've just spoken to her GP who is prescribing 3 diazepam per day to help calm her nerves and arranging counseling help.

So sad.

RIP Vicky x
My heart goes out to you blue, try and stay strong for the family x

RIP Vicky x

I'm going to pop this here. I could in the 'Depression' thread and may again, but I think this is important.

There's a rise of loneliness in young males where they are at the mercy of media driven feminism that, sometimes, creates 'incels' through no fault of their own, but circumstance; not rich enough, not smart enough, not buff enough, not handsome enough, not tall enough, etc.

Now, I'm no fan of Peterson for quite a few reasons (and he somewhat touches on that), but some real tangible aspects of his work are impressive.

It's ironic, though, he's interviewed by the awful, sluggish, loathsome, 'intellectual' oaf that is Morgan that was part of the problem in belittling the very kind of young men Peterson has tried to help...

Here's the ending of the interview:

My cousin found out yesterday that her daughter (only child) took her life on Tuesday. She was only 33 leaving 2 children aged 9 and 11. I took my cuz to the mortuary at Oldham Royal Infirmary yesterday and was a heavy moment to say the least.

I stayed at hers last night to be there for her and she's distraught with grief. I've just spoken to her GP who is prescribing 3 diazepam per day to help calm her nerves and arranging counseling help.

So sad.

RIP Vicky x
That's heartbreaking! Really sorry for your loss and coldonices to the family. Poor girl feeling so bad take her own life it's truly awful.

R.I.P.

Just wanted to bump this thread so people remember it is there if needed.
I am seeing people struggling more than ever with what is going on at the moment and we need to support each other more than ever now. This next 12 months are going to be very difficult and mental health will be impacted.

My anxiety is through the roof , i was steady prior to covid but then when i was really sick with it after getting it at wembley trip i got paranoid and scared of getting it again , anxiety soared and hasnt stopped , fight or flight mode constantly

I’m really fucking struggling at the moment and I’m at a loss what to do about it. I have no interest in anything at all; music, films, football, nothing excites or interests me.
I try to be realistic and say to myself that in the last 2 years I’ve lost my marriage, my home, my pets, had a big drink problem (now beaten thankfully), moved house 3 times, had Covid twice and now have long Covid and degeneration of the spine which has left me in constant pain, and then in September I lost my dad.
All that when I look at it typed out should be enough to knock most people on their backside but I feel guilty and actually hate myself because I just can’t lift myself up and get on with life.
I recently went back to work after my dad passed but I just don’t want to be there, and when I come home I don’t want to be here either! All I want to do is go to bed and sleep.
My gp has put me on a new medication that’s supposed to help with both chronic pain and depression but it takes a couple of months to start working apparently, and I’m on the waiting list for nerve block injections, but until then I have to wear a collar and back brace to straighten my spine and ease the swelling on the nerves. I’m limited what I can actually do at work and that’s causing bad feeling with colleagues.
The last thing I want to do is drag my girlfriend down; she’s been absolutely fantastic since I met her but I know she’s seeing the change in me.
How the hell can I lift my spirits and get out of this hole I’m in?

Mate you have been through alot, stop being so hard on yourself.
Keep talking to your gf dont block her out she sounds like a sound lass.

Medication does take time to work be patient, things will get better.

Set your self small targets with the help of your gf, doesnt matter how small or silly they seem. Dont be afraid to show your feelings if you want a good cry have one. Cuddling or hold hands with your gf its sounds soft I know but it helps.

Do you work colleagues know what's going in your life ? If they dont that might explain they feelings or is it you thinking theres bad feelings ? .
I have always told my work colleagues what's going on with me, I dont care that they know I'm on antidepressants. I told them they take sometime before they start to work.

Sometimes just putting your thoughts on helps, this place really help me mate. Things will get better

Mate you have been through alot, stop being so hard on yourself.
Keep talking to your gf dont block her out she sounds like a sound lass.

Medication does take time to work be patient, things will get better.

Set your self small targets with the help of your gf, doesnt matter how small or silly they seem. Dont be afraid to show your feelings if you want a good cry have one. Cuddling or hold hands with your gf its sounds soft I know but it helps.

Do you work colleagues know what's going in your life ? If they dont that might explain they feelings or is it you thinking theres bad feelings ? .
I have always told my work colleagues what's going on with me, I dont care that they know I'm on antidepressants. I told them they take sometime before they start to work.

Sometimes just putting your thoughts on helps, this place really help me mate. Things will get better
Cheers bud, I really appreciate that.

I’m really fucking struggling at the moment and I’m at a loss what to do about it. I have no interest in anything at all; music, films, football, nothing excites or interests me.
I try to be realistic and say to myself that in the last 2 years I’ve lost my marriage, my home, my pets, had a big drink problem (now beaten thankfully), moved house 3 times, had Covid twice and now have long Covid and degeneration of the spine which has left me in constant pain, and then in September I lost my dad.
All that when I look at it typed out should be enough to knock most people on their backside but I feel guilty and actually hate myself because I just can’t lift myself up and get on with life.
I recently went back to work after my dad passed but I just don’t want to be there, and when I come home I don’t want to be here either! All I want to do is go to bed and sleep.
My gp has put me on a new medication that’s supposed to help with both chronic pain and depression but it takes a couple of months to start working apparently, and I’m on the waiting list for nerve block injections, but until then I have to wear a collar and back brace to straighten my spine and ease the swelling on the nerves. I’m limited what I can actually do at work and that’s causing bad feeling with colleagues.
The last thing I want to do is drag my girlfriend down; she’s been absolutely fantastic since I met her but I know she’s seeing the change in me.
How the hell can I lift my spirits and get out of this hole I’m in?
Wow that is a lot you have had to deal with, i'm not surprised you have struggled. Try to remember that you have found the strength to get through this so far and things will change in time. It's good you have your GF and i'd encourage you to keep talking, it really does help. Is there a HR department at work that you could talk to? many companies now have a much better approach to mental health issues and may be able to help. Regarding the medication, yes it will take time but it's really positive you have taken the steps to get the help needed.

Try not to feel guilty and believe me you are not on your own, there are so many people out there who are really struggling, Just remember how strong you really are, you will get through this.

In time you will look back on this period and realise just how awesome you really are

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.