The Lords Prayer advert now banned in cinemas.

won't be long before they are all shut for good

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-34906560

Plans to halve Roman Catholic parishes in Salford
23 November 2015 Last updated at 21:26 GMT

Plans have been announced to halve the number of parishes in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Salford.

It could mean 75 of the 150 parishes will close because of dwindling congregations.

The Right Reverend Bishop of Salford John Arnold says radical action is needed if the church is to successfully realign itself for the future.

Ian Haslam from BBC North West Tonight reports

People are waking up.

They can advertise and throw away as much money as they like for me. With education there is no reason for anyone to be sucked in to any religious nonsense.

My 7 year old doesn't believe in God, this is because he has a slight knowledge of the scientific explanation and has read the first few pages of the bible. God creates light, sky, Earth, sea, birds, fish, etc. Creates man from the soil and doesn't want him to have knowledge, knocks him out, whips out a rib and makes a wife, tells him not to eat the fruit, snake comes along and says go on, gains knowledge of being starkers, God punishes (he does a lot of this) by making women hate snakes and vice versa, makes childbirth more painful (thanks pal) etc etc. Gives them 2 children, one a farmer the other a shepherd, both give God an offering, a bit of harvest and a freshly slaughtered lamb, nice. He loves the lamb, not keen on the harvest, so one brother is jealous and tops the other, he's punished. Another son comes. Everyone lives happily (until 900 odd) and have lots of descendants, all male, where they are descending from is a worry. God then gets pissed off again, things aren't going well, so he tells one good lad to build a boat, take his Mrs and children, bla bla, drowns everyone else then after it calms down says he won't do it again and you can only live until 130 now...then a little nugget where Noah gets pissed and falls asleep naked in a tent, someone sees him and there's more punishment. All that in the first few pages, anyone mad enough to go along with that is welcome to it, ideally the rest of the sane population wouldn't be subjected to it, but if they are then a very little knowledge should be enough to give it the correct response of ridicule.

I struggle to get my head around living in this day and age and seemingly normal people still believing in this, the only positive being at least they don't go around crusading and blowing people up in gods name anymore, oh...

They can advertise and throw away as much money as they like for me. With education there is no reason for anyone to be sucked in to any religious nonsense.

My 7 year old doesn't believe in God, this is because he has a slight knowledge of the scientific explanation and has read the first few pages of the bible. God creates light, sky, Earth, sea, birds, fish, etc. Creates man from the soil and doesn't want him to have knowledge, knocks him out, whips out a rib and makes a wife, tells him not to eat the fruit, snake comes along and says go on, gains knowledge of being starkers, God punishes (he does a lot of this) by making women hate snakes and vice versa, makes childbirth more painful (thanks pal) etc etc. Gives them 2 children, one a farmer the other a shepherd, both give God an offering, a bit of harvest and a freshly slaughtered lamb, nice. He loves the lamb, not keen on the harvest, so one brother is jealous and tops the other, he's punished. Another son comes. Everyone lives happily (until 900 odd) and have lots of descendants, all male, where they are descending from is a worry. God then gets pissed off again, things aren't going well, so he tells one good lad to build a boat, take his Mrs and children, bla bla, drowns everyone else then after it calms down says he won't do it again and you can only live until 130 now...then a little nugget where Noah gets pissed and falls asleep naked in a tent, someone sees him and there's more punishment. All that in the first few pages, anyone mad enough to go along with that is welcome to it, ideally the rest of the sane population wouldn't be subjected to it, but if they are then a very little knowledge should be enough to give it the correct response of ridicule.

I struggle to get my head around living in this day and age and seemingly normal people still believing in this, the only positive being at least they don't go around crusading and blowing people up in gods name anymore, oh...

"He loves the lamb"

/thread, just brilliant xD

Most of them have really good acoustics, I'd convert them into music venues and studios.
They have really bad acoustics actually.

as for it being shameful to mock The Lord's Prayer, what happened to turning the other cheek?

Or even... "forgive them, for they know not what they do"?

Here endeth the lesson.

It is amusing to witness the Bluemoon Atheist Attack Dogs woofing in triumph over the demise of religion. Meanwhile 90+% of the planet's population continue with their faith.

Actually around 88% and 90+% of the world's education haven't had access to a full education (college level). Meanwhile your faith (Protestant I presume) is running at around 4% and somewhere around 5% of those are dedicated enough to attend their most important religious festival. Putting them at around the same active participation level as the Scientologist and Jedi faiths.

Actually around 88% and 90+% of the world's education haven't had access to a full education (college level). Meanwhile your faith (Protestant I presume) is running at around 4% and somewhere around 5% of those are dedicated enough to attend their most important religious festival. Putting them at around the same active participation level as the Scientologist and Jedi faiths.
So 90+% of the planet's population will all abandon their faith when they reach the of intellectual and moral heights exhibited by the distinguished atheist contributors on this thread?
Forgive me if I find that unlikely.

So 90+% of the planet's population will all abandon their faith when they reach the of intellectual and moral heights exhibited by the distinguished atheist contributors on this thread?
Forgive me if I find that unlikely.

Nope, give some people all the education you want and they'll still need a crutch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.