The Lords Prayer advert now banned in cinemas.

Not if they are in breach of the Equality Act.

Well obviously within the confines of the British legislative framework. I'm not a solicitor but couldn't personally see how the Equality Act can apply here. They refused to buy a product that was attempting to be sold to them because they believed it would hurt their trade

That is such a rubbish analogy. Nobody's film watching experience is interrupted by the advert, so it is not fair to compare it with taking over a service where the attenders are going voluntarily for a particular experience.

I think of all the Christians who are being prosecuted for refusing to do things in their employment that are contrary to their firmly held beliefs and convictions, yet these companies get to apply their impositions against Christians with impunity. It smacks of double standards.

In times like this, we need to be reminded of the birth of Christ at Christmas, and the message of peace and hope that this brings.

Thanks for sharing your desire to shove your fairy tales down others throats, I'll pass though.

So the content of an organisation's policies is not subject to critical appraisal or comment providing their existence predates their implementation. How would you ever change a bad policy?

It's not about changing a bad policy, you're saying they should make an exception to a perfectly valid policy just because it's the COE.

Don't think I'd be offended by this advert and not likely to convert because of it any more than I jump up and get a coke when told I've still got time to get one. \people who are offended, give over why don't you. Its just a thing and you don't have to see your arse about it and nobody is shoving anything down anybody's throat. I'm not religious but honestly see no harm in this ad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.