The Lords Prayer advert now banned in cinemas.

Nice try, George. You really like trying to deflect difficult questions don't you?

And I'll give you a B+ for your consistent passive-aggressive tactics.
Only a B- last time, I'm obliged, A?- next? It must be great when you can decide what's good and what's not without any standards other than your own whims.

Last edited:
infanticide, murder, genocide, rape, human sacrifice, slavery and torture.
What a glorious book to set our moral compass by! You're better of with harry Potter for guidance

infanticide, murder, genocide, rape, human sacrifice, slavery and torture.
What a glorious book to set our moral compass by! You're better of with harry Potter for guidance
Don't worry, George will avoid your statement or questions, it won't matter, it's not important to him. only holding up Dawkins as an athiest 'God', who all atheists worship, obviously...

You keep mentioning, and quoting Richard Dawkins. He's just a man who doesn't believe in God, why should his opinion, or whether he's moved on any subject, matter to me at all? He could have a complete change of heart and believe God was all around us and it wouldn't have any affect on me or my beliefs.
I just thought he fitted your Jesus profile uncannily well, except he is happy just talking to himself.

The fact...and it is a fact nearly all churches are now a wetherspoon or wine bar of some sort. This is a good meter to gauge how serious people take religion.
Christianity is on the wane here it seems so the decision by the company to not allow political or religious stuff is just in sync with the majority of society in practise.

It is though first and foremost not condusive to the atmosphere needed to set you up for a movie. You go to escape all the shit in life not have it rammed down your neck.
I am half willing to bet political videos have been knocked back before to but they did not go blubbing to the press.

The fact...and it is a fact nearly all churches are now a wetherspoon or wine bar of some sort. This is a good meter to gauge how serious people take religion.
Christianity is on the wane here it seems so the decision by the company to not allow political or religious stuff is just in sync with the majority of society in practise.

It is though first and foremost not condusive to the atmosphere needed to set you up for a movie. You go to escape all the shit in life not have it rammed down your neck.
I am half willing to bet political videos have been knocked back before to but they did not go blubbing to the press.
I complained to DCM about their ban and got an automated reply this afternoon which said their "general policy" had been in place "for many years." Interesting given the CoE alleged they couldn't produce the written policy just a few weeks ago.
Looks like the story is fizzling out though, just like Christianity in Britain somebody will no doubt add.

Last edited:
I complained to DCM about their ban and got an automated reply this afternoon which said their "general policy" had been in place "for many years." Interesting given the CoE alleged they couldn't produce the written policy just a few weeks ago.
Looks like the story is fizzling out though, just like Christianity in Britain somebody will no doubt add.
Not me, George. I still have an affection for the tenets of the Christian church, and mourn the onslaught against it.
We, mostly, have been brought up within the spirit of it, and, again, it's been a force for good in the main, Christmas, Easter.
and the other prevalent Christian festivals still retain a semblance of holiness that has yet to be surpassed, in mainstream society.
Long may it continue.

You are as ignorant about me as you are about my position. You know nothing about my upbringing, my loyalties and my beliefs yet you presume to compare me to John Lennox. So the historians, New Testament scholars, philologists, archeologists, linguists etc etc who are the experts in this field are all Christians? You need to realise you are seriously out of your depth and you should also remember that faith isn't confined to religious belief. I am a City supporter.

Sorry, I'm sure you were brought up as a Muslim/Hindu/Atheist.

Whether all the people who have looked into the NT are Christians or not is neither here nor there. If anything, the fact that they are not suggests that these accounts of people being gods and returning to life after death aren't a solid basis for believing that these things are actually true.

Alleged faith in other aspects of life is irrelevant as to whether the scribblings of a handful of 1st century people amount to objective evidence for the claims of Christianity. You should probably try to stick to the topic

Sorry, I'm sure you were brought up as a Muslim/Hindu/Atheist.

Whether all the people who have looked into the NT are Christians or not is neither here nor there. If anything, the fact that they are not suggests that these accounts of people being gods and returning to life after death aren't a solid basis for believing that these things are actually true.

Alleged faith in other aspects of life is irrelevant as to whether the scribblings of a handful of 1st century people amount to objective evidence for the claims of Christianity. You should probably try to stick to the topic
You would be out of your depth in a saucer of milk.

image.png

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.