The Making of James Milner

Milner was superb last night, like he was in the first half of last season, when allowed to drift into the middle and link with Silva and Yaya. He's talented on the ball, has good vision and encourages one touch passing.

Him stuck on the right despite his best efforts has contributed to our staggered play imo.

Has to be an important part of Pellegrini's plans and has to be allowed to roam, he's hard working enough to get back in defence.

I hope Pellegrini is smart enough to notice this.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Milner was superb last night, like he was in the first half of last season, when allowed to drift into the middle and link with Silva and Yaya. He's talented on the ball, has good vision and encourages one touch passing.

Him stuck on the right despite his best efforts has contributed to our staggered play imo.

Has to be an important part of Pellegrini's plans and has to be allowed to roam, he's hard working enough to get back in defence.

I hope Pellegrini is smart enough to notice this.
If we sign Fernandinho, Milner will be on the subs bench most likely.

Sometimes his drive makes up for his lack of top class talent, but sometimes it doesn't.

I wouldn't put him in the same class as Gerrard or Lampard was but he'd at least be on the bench for me

Walshy2013 said:
Johnsonontheleft said:
One person who will not be sad at the news of Mancini's departure is James Milner. For some reason Mancini did not rate Milner, and dropped him far too often despite MIlner putting in some excellent performances OUT OF POSITION. In my opinion James Milner can be our Steven Gerrard, and with Barry slowing down there's a vacancy to fill next season.

Hopefully this can mark the turning point in Milner's career from bit-part player to City legend.
Good and steady - but you have overrated him imo...... Good work rate and effort but no panache to be a midfield general like bazza.

correct. Milner not quite there yet imo, and def not to be trusted with a central midfield spot in the premiership.

Johnsonontheleft said:
One person who will not be sad at the news of Mancini's departure is James Milner. For some reason Mancini did not rate Milner, and dropped him far too often despite MIlner putting in some excellent performances OUT OF POSITION. In my opinion James Milner can be our Steven Gerrard, and with Barry slowing down there's a vacancy to fill next season.

Hopefully this can mark the turning point in Milner's career from bit-part player to City legend.

Milner is currently the only decent player we have that offers genuine width when in the side and you want to move him the the middle?

I love Milner but I think he's great out wide, particularly as he offers much more defensive cover than your usual wide players.

davymcfc said:
One thing you cannot question is milners commitment. He will give everything he's got on the pitch and we need players with this kind of attitude. Absolutely agree that with Barry slowing down he would be the peado made, faster replacement.

Are you a rag? I suggest you look at your own clubs fans, for example Ken and Kevin before calling Barry a peado.

Milner in the middle is a big no.
He can't even get in the middle with the English team.
He is very hardworking and is very much needed in the squad.
I'm afraid Barry's time is up, if he stays he will play a Vieira role but I'm not sure he'll be kept

His workrate outside is phenomenal, but last night I found myself dreaming of a player like Robben being out wide with all that time and space. Milner isn't bad, but he's not going to beat people off the dribble, just going to outpace or cross. A player in space with that third dimension who might split the defense with a dribble OR a pass and we might really annhilate some defenses.

He's a very good player. As a 4-3-3 outside midfielder he could probably play a role, jumping into the attack to create opportunity and overlap.

Kun Aguero said:
davymcfc said:
One thing you cannot question is milners commitment. He will give everything he's got on the pitch and we need players with this kind of attitude. Absolutely agree that with Barry slowing down he would be the peado made, faster replacement.

Are you a rag? I suggest you look at your own clubs fans, for example Ken and Kevin before calling Barry a peado.

Calm down fella, it was just autocorrect mistake.

Don't know how true this is but seems Everton and West Ham are interested in Jimmy and he doesn't feature in Manuels plans.

Bit upset if thats true, top player is James

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.