The Manchester Derby Pre Match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ric said:
I'm always nervous before a derby, but compared to the one in April, where everything was at stake, this one is a walk in the park. Nothing will be decided on Sunday.

Fookin hell Ric, that's on a par with them saying there was no difference between 6-1 and 1-0 IMO.

It's three points (potentially) that could make the difference.

Admittedly not feeling as pressured as April though.

I felt violently ill before the April derby, I was physically sick for much of the week with nerves. Nothing compared to that this time for me either, but I am a bit nervous. The idea of losing our home record to them is quite horrendous. A draw would be OK but there don't seem to be many derby draws anymore (think that boring 0-0 a couple of years ago was the only one in the league since the mid-2000s).

Is this another huge dig at Marwood from Mancini?

"They were already a strong team and then they bought Van Persie and [Shinji] Kagawa. They put another 25 goals into the squad. We were in a difficult moment. We changed the CEO and the man who was in charge [of transfers] in that moment [Brian Marwood] … if you are not strong enough, you can have some problems in the transfer market. And, for us, the market was really difficult." City, he admitted, "don't have the same quality this season that we showed in the first 15 games of last season".

Ric said:
I'm always nervous before a derby, but compared to the one in April, where everything was at stake, this one is a walk in the park. Nothing will be decided on Sunday.

Nothing will be decided no, but it will undoubtedly have a huge influence on the season. I don't just mean the points themselves but as Mancini said there are certain games that can change your season, and this is certainly one of them.

Wretched Vengeance said:
Yaya has had a weeks rest.

Time to put in a huge performance big man.

You've done it before.....you can do it again.
and if he's in the mood, they won't stop him :-)

Wretched Vengeance said:
dronefromsector7g said:
Wretched Vengeance said:
Yaya has had a weeks rest.

Time to put in a huge performance big man.

You've done it before.....you can do it again.
and if he's in the mood, they won't stop him :-)

Amen Drone...Amen!
Fuckin yeah... I'm gonna listen to 'No limits' now!

Reading between the lines, the papers etc I get the feeling the scum will not come to win this game, if you understand my logic. I reckon Ferguson is coming for a point and if the chance comes, being typical feckin united, they will grab it. The pressure is on us to deliver and try and break them down.

That FA cup game last year changed their mentality when they play us. They have always come to our gaff thinking they could win and playing to win. Kompanys seding off that day made a big difference, it meant they could attack and they did, but what happened in that second half they were not expecting.

I reckon they are scared shitless now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.