The Manchester Derby Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnage Red said:
Serious question here, how much does Moyes' track record at the Etihad worry you? Only lost 1 of the last 6, winning 4. Surely the best away record of any manager at the Etihad.

FWIW, I think it will be a draw on Sunday; neither side will want to have lost two of their opening five.

City v United is a different game to City v Everton.

LoL at peeps thinking kagawa or anything from the middle of the field will be the prob... DEFEND THE FUKIN WINGS = WIN they dont play from the middle never have and never will. Mediocre team is mediocre.

3-0 x2 dzeko 1 kun.. Vidic broken leg and tom daily sent off.

Zab---Kom---Nasty---Clichy

-------------Fern--- Yaya------

-----------silva---kun-milner---
---------------dzeko-------

If Kagawa plays then I will be glad, he is only a threat cutting inside and doesn't help Evra out enough so there is an opportunity to exploit that. If the two teams that played on Tuesday stay the same then we are effectively looking at almost identical shape from the two sides. Kagawa cutting in as Nasri does, Valencia using width as Navas does and Rooney dropping to pick up the ball like Aguero will. Fernandinho and Yaya are better than Fellaini and Carrick and that is why we will win.

United never play down the middle as someone else mentioned. They play silly long balls on the chance robin can carry them and get a volley, or they cut in from the wings and dive for penalties. I hope to god Young plays, just so he can get his confidence shot down by the home fans. As he's approaching to cut in the 'ooooooooooooooooooooh' builds and finishes with an 'owwwww' when he dives.

If zabba's on form alongside Kompany we will do well. Not optimistic for the left side of the defence though. Kolarov will get caught out, and Nasty is prone to slamming into someone running allowing them to draw a penalty.

Same team as Plzen. I want to see Navas have a freer role, whether he moves more central, or zabba runs inside instead, at the moment he seems to just be a stop until zabba flies past - that's not his game.

With the form, atmosphere, and players, we should win 3-1. If Aguero learns to be more of a passer in a similar role as rooney, we will score bag loads of goals.

Honestly don't get why people actually believe City will beat United 3-0, 2-0, 4-1 etc.. United have looked great defensively so far under Moyes. City got outplayed by Stoke and Hull.. United will set up for the counter and if City commit too many forward then United will have all the joy. IMO it will be a cautious boring game, 0-0 or 1-1, unless Pellegrini goes too gung-ho then I fancy United to nick it.

Anything but a defeat is more than we got in this fixture last year. Nervous already, not sure if I could stand to watch this on TV. Might go for a two hour stroll.

Did Pellers say this game is a 6 pointer?

Is it really, so early on in the season? The table isn't going to change much at all.

Manuel has just given the journo's ammo if we lose on Sunday.

Little bit more worried about this derby than others in previous years to be honest. Probably just the uncertainty of the new manager and how variable our performances have been this season. If we win convincingly it'll be a huge confidence boost leading into the bayern match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.