The Manchester Derby Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
ifiwasarichfan said:
Just had a conversation with a serious, local, Season ticket holding Utd fan who knows his stuff.

He is frightened for tomorrow because he believes we have the better Manager and the better Players.

I met his honesty with my own.

I am frightened because I really think this "high line" of Defence and Yaya sat far too deep in the play suits United more than any other team in the Premiership.

We both agreed that its the "least" important Derby in a long time.

I would take a Draw right now if it was offered.
you were so modest that you were lying.<br /><br />-- Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:24 pm --<br /><br />ffs, some people need to have a bit more belief!

A draw seems to suit the majority given both teams indifferent and unpredictable form.

I'm confident,given our players,we will win 'if' we click.I'm guessing midfield will dictate the outcome.

Personally I don't think a draw will be a great result as this is our first big match of the season and we have already thrown away at least 3 points so far. The other top 6 teams had played among themselves and are still ahead or level with us on points. A draw won't be a disaster obviously but I wont identify it as a positive result.

As Pellegrini said, it is a 6 pointer, especially in light of how the season has started in terms of fixtures and results.

ifiwasarichfan said:
Just had a conversation with a serious, local, Season ticket holding Utd fan who knows his stuff.

He is frightened for tomorrow because he believes we have the better Manager and the better Players.

I met his honesty with my own.

I am frightened because I really think this "high line" of Defence and Yaya sat far too deep in the play suits United more than any other team in the Premiership.

We both agreed that its the "least" important Derby in a long time.

I would take a Draw right now if it was offered.

it leaves both team at 6th and 7th

Maybe it is just me, but I'd never be satisfied with a draw at home before the game starts. I expect a win everytime. Now if it is 80 minutes into the game and we are down 2-1. or perhaps tied, but we are being badly outplayed, sure! I'd ask for a draw then.

In my mind, teams at our level should not be satisfied with a draw at home against anyone. Real, Barca, Juve, PSG, Dortmund, Bayern or the like. I still expect a win.

I think we are in the 2nd level of great teams. There are the 4some of Bayern/Dortmund/Real/Barca - Below that, you have Us/shited/Chelsea/Juve/PSG/Napoli/The Milan teams/Arsenal/Porto/Athletico/Spurs. forming a lose 2nd level. Some slightly better than others. I believe we are at the top end of that 2nd level, and while I understand we will lose or draw at home (i.e. anything can happen) I don't expect it, nor am I ever satisfied with it. I expect us to lose or draw away, never at home!

So, No! I will not take a draw now if offered as a guarantee. I'll take my chances. Not just against Shitted, but anyone.

daxman said:
Maybe it is just me, but I'd never be satisfied with a draw at home before the game starts. I expect a win everytime. Now if it is 80 minutes into the game and we are down 2-1. or perhaps tied, but we are being badly outplayed, sure! I'd ask for a draw then.

In my mind, teams at our level should not be satisfied with a draw at home against anyone. Real, Barca, Juve, PSG, Dortmund, Bayern or the like. I still expect a win.

I think we are in the 2nd level of great teams. There are the 4some of Bayern/Dortmund/Real/Barca - Below that, you have Us/shited/Chelsea/Juve/PSG/Napoli/The Milan teams/Arsenal/Porto/Athletico/Spurs. forming a lose 2nd level. Some slightly better than others. I believe we are at the top end of that 2nd level, and while I understand we will lose or draw at home (i.e. anything can happen) I don't expect it, nor am I ever satisfied with it. I expect us to lose or draw away, never at home!

So, No! I will not take a draw now if offered as a guarantee. I'll take my chances. Not just against Shitted, but anyone.

That's a decent post.

We shouldn't be satisfied with a Draw at home, no matter who we are playing.

Very interested in your comments about Dortmund being so superior to City though.

Apart from Piaczeck, the Right Back from Poland - and incidentally he is out of action for months ( and in Micah and Zab we have the next,best two Right Backs in Europe); who do you think in the Dortmund team would improve us?

Klopp said himself that the performance they put in at the Etihad ( and we stole the Draw) was the best performance in his time as Dortmund Manager.

Also, in what particular alignment of the Solar System are Spurs and A Madrid on the same level as us?

You know, I have usually taken the view that a draw against manure was a good result, but since the 6-1, I want to beat the fuckers every time now. And while our league form is indifferent and a draw tomorrow wouldn't necessarily be a bad result, we should not be satisfied with a draw. If we are, then a misfiring Chelsea team will be top by a couple of points without even playing any way well. We should be aiming to win our first "big" game and send a message to the rest of 'em.

So yes, while I am always relieved not to lose a derby, that is not enough any more. If we can keep Rooney/RVP quiet and not give up a stupid set-piece goal to Fellatio, we should have too much football for them.

buzzing, fucking buzzing, good night chaps. when i wake up tomorrow it'll be about an hour off until the game, and i can't wait to wreck them

Mixed feelings mainly because of the unknown. Like we are just about to kick the season.

Woule not be content with a draw. i want us to win as this would work for our players and against them rags in the long run to the title. More of a confidence victory as this would be our litmus test.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.