The Manchester Derby Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol at people wanting a draw...Hammer them today and there in chaos. the fallout from lolcafe would prolly call for vigilantes to kill moyess. Them losing would cause the media to start asking questions about them winning the big games and all that jazz. 4-0 Dzeko 2 kun 1 and a own goal by vidic

I can't believe people would take a draw if offered.

It's the 5th game of the season ffs, hardly the end of season title showdown from a couple of years ago.

Fergie's gone, 90% of the fear factor gone as far as I'm concerned.

We're going to play a team that for 85 minutes of the match tomorrow will put 10 men behind the ball. They do this every time they come to our place and it usually makes for a pretty dull game whereby we try to break them down and they break away for 20 second periods at a time. We know what we're gonna get, I don't see why anyone would be nervous about it.

With the way they play us, De Gea has to have a fantastic game and their strikers need to take virtually every chance they create for them to get a result. We put in any sort of decent performance against them and we win the game, as has been case in a few derbies in recent times.

-- 22 Sep 2013, 06:50 --

Really hope Nasri starts as well. Important for us to have a player like him that will retain possession in the final 3rd of the pitch because it will take patience to break them down.

ifiwasarichfan said:
daxman said:
Maybe it is just me, but I'd never be satisfied with a draw at home before the game starts. I expect a win everytime. Now if it is 80 minutes into the game and we are down 2-1. or perhaps tied, but we are being badly outplayed, sure! I'd ask for a draw then.

In my mind, teams at our level should not be satisfied with a draw at home against anyone. Real, Barca, Juve, PSG, Dortmund, Bayern or the like. I still expect a win.

I think we are in the 2nd level of great teams. There are the 4some of Bayern/Dortmund/Real/Barca - Below that, you have Us/shited/Chelsea/Juve/PSG/Napoli/The Milan teams/Arsenal/Porto/Athletico/Spurs. forming a lose 2nd level. Some slightly better than others. I believe we are at the top end of that 2nd level, and while I understand we will lose or draw at home (i.e. anything can happen) I don't expect it, nor am I ever satisfied with it. I expect us to lose or draw away, never at home!

So, No! I will not take a draw now if offered as a guarantee. I'll take my chances. Not just against Shitted, but anyone.

That's a decent post.

We shouldn't be satisfied with a Draw at home, no matter who we are playing.

Very interested in your comments about Dortmund being so superior to City though.

Apart from Piaczeck, the Right Back from Poland - and incidentally he is out of action for months ( and in Micah and Zab we have the next,best two Right Backs in Europe); who do you think in the Dortmund team would improve us?

Klopp said himself that the performance they put in at the Etihad ( and we stole the Draw) was the best performance in his time as Dortmund Manager.

Also, in what particular alignment of the Solar System are Spurs and A Madrid on the same level as us?
I think we are more talented individually than Dortmund, but as a team, I think they are superior. We are often (at least so far) the sum of our parts, and sometimes less. Dortmund is greater than the sum of their parts. They are perhaps the best "team" in Europe. And by that I mean, their sum is greater than their individual parts. That said, here are a few of their players who could improve us (even if not necessarily better).

Marco Reus: He is a great player and will improve any team
Matt Hummels: He is better than any CD we have not named Kompany
Marcel Shmeizer: Better than any of our leftbacks
Mkhitaryan: Great goalscoring midfielder. I think he was the best player on Fernandihno's team. And he hasn't missed a beat going to Dortmund.
Robert Lewandoski: A better finisher than any of our strikers, and probably only inferior to Aguero in all round play.
Gundogan, Grobruetz and Bender will also probably make our squad. So that is 8 players who could make us better with their input. But I don't think that is why they are so good They are good because their players fit perfectly into their squad.

As for Spurs and Athletico Madrid, I think Spurs have the talent to legitimately be in that 2nd tier. And Athletico are currently playing at a clip that justifies their inclusion this season.

Good morning everyone, bacon, sausage, eggs, tomatoes and fried bread sizzling away, sunshine and a 4-1 thumping for the rags. Happy days :)

daxman said:
ifiwasarichfan said:
daxman said:
Maybe it is just me, but I'd never be satisfied with a draw at home before the game starts. I expect a win everytime. Now if it is 80 minutes into the game and we are down 2-1. or perhaps tied, but we are being badly outplayed, sure! I'd ask for a draw then.

In my mind, teams at our level should not be satisfied with a draw at home against anyone. Real, Barca, Juve, PSG, Dortmund, Bayern or the like. I still expect a win.

I think we are in the 2nd level of great teams. There are the 4some of Bayern/Dortmund/Real/Barca - Below that, you have Us/shited/Chelsea/Juve/PSG/Napoli/The Milan teams/Arsenal/Porto/Athletico/Spurs. forming a lose 2nd level. Some slightly better than others. I believe we are at the top end of that 2nd level, and while I understand we will lose or draw at home (i.e. anything can happen) I don't expect it, nor am I ever satisfied with it. I expect us to lose or draw away, never at home!

So, No! I will not take a draw now if offered as a guarantee. I'll take my chances. Not just against Shitted, but anyone.

That's a decent post.

We shouldn't be satisfied with a Draw at home, no matter who we are playing.

Very interested in your comments about Dortmund being so superior to City though.

Apart from Piaczeck, the Right Back from Poland - and incidentally he is out of action for months ( and in Micah and Zab we have the next,best two Right Backs in Europe); who do you think in the Dortmund team would improve us?

Klopp said himself that the performance they put in at the Etihad ( and we stole the Draw) was the best performance in his time as Dortmund Manager.

Also, in what particular alignment of the Solar System are Spurs and A Madrid on the same level as us?
I think we are more talented individually than Dortmund, but as a team, I think they are superior. We are often (at least so far) the sum of our parts, and sometimes less. Dortmund is greater than the sum of their parts. They are perhaps the best "team" in Europe. And by that I mean, their sum is greater than their individual parts. That said, here are a few of their players who could improve us (even if not necessarily better).

Marco Reus: He is a great player and will improve any team
Matt Hummels: He is better than any CD we have not named Kompany
Marcel Shmeizer: Better than any of our leftbacks
Mkhitaryan: Great goalscoring midfielder. I think he was the best player on Fernandihno's team. And he hasn't missed a beat going to Dortmund.
Robert Lewandoski: A better finisher than any of our strikers, and probably only inferior to Aguero in all round play.
Gundogan, Grobruetz and Bender will also probably make our squad. So that is 8 players who could make us better with their input. But I don't think that is why they are so good They are good because their players fit perfectly into their squad.

As for Spurs and Athletico Madrid, I think Spurs have the talent to legitimately be in that 2nd tier. And Athletico are currently playing at a clip that justifies their inclusion this season.
Reus Lewandowski Piszczek and Gündoğan would get straight into our team and Aubameyang looks out of this world so far this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.