The Manchester Derby Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a bit of dread too with our right hand side. Zabs seems to be getting himself caught out. Plus is Silva available? There's no doubt we can beat them but you just know with rooney's form, RVPussy and webb upfront we'll be conceding a couple.

Petetheblu said:
I have a bit of dread too with our right hand side. Zabs seems to be getting himself caught out. Plus is Silva available? There's no doubt we can beat them but you just know with rooney's form, RVPussy and webb upfront we'll be conceding a couple.

My main concern is the free kicks we give away around the box , we got away with it against pilsner , but the rapist can deliver a decent free kick , would be tempted to include garcia for his aerail ability.

If we play two in midfield we're going to make Fellaini look really good.

I want Fernandinho, (Barry) Milner and Toure in midfield.

Seriously if Fellaini has a good game and they dominate midfield the press will get ahead of themselves, they'll have the Belgian Roy Keane and they might start to believe it.

gmckennasell said:
Petetheblu said:

My main concern is the free kicks we give away around the box , we got away with it against pilsner , but the rapist can deliver a decent free kick , would be tempted to include garcia for his aerail ability.

I think you'll be in the minority for that one!!

Fellaini and Carrick are in fact a very good two man midfield, far better than anything we can put out right now. I am really worried if we play a forward 4,

Hinchcliffe at the far post said:
gmckennasell said:
Petetheblu said:

I think you'll be in the minority for that one!!

you could be right , put it down to derby day nerves , i said i wouldnt drink till 2pm , stuff it , gonna have a hennessey chaser as well.

We need Milner and Fernandinho to be in midfield buzzing around Carrick and Fellaini, they'll out run them and really frustrate Fellaini. Then if we have Yaya in there too you take away their physicality.

Do not under estimate the difference Fellaini will make to their midfield's fight. We've been too used to the tame pairings they usually put out.

Fellaini and Carrick are slow though. Good movement and they'll be all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.