The Manchester Derby Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
Blue_Rossy said:
Magicpants said:
I'm not confident at all, dreading it.

same here, van rapist and weetabix head looking half decent together. Along with the chances we keep giving to other teams, think them 2 bastards will mop them up.

4-2 to us.
Us being 4-0 at half time, them to claw 2 back with last 15 mins to go.

Navas 2
yaya 1
Kun 1

-

weetabix 1
rapist 1

You read it here 1st.

So your not confident, dreading it, those two will mop up..............Yet you think we will win 4-2?

I would take a draw today on this one. Losing again doesnt bear thinking about.

Feeling more confident after Tuesday night's improved performance but Moyes at Everton has had jinx on us for years. That combined with form of Shrek and Van Persil makes me think it's going to be another roller coaster of emotions on Sunday. I think ManUre will score 3 (Shrek, VP and Fellaini) but we can score 4 (Aguero, Negredo, Nasri and Jovetic with his first). Having said that I'd settle for any type of win !!!
CTID

sam-caddick said:
I have been thinking about this game all day today and can't get myself confident about three things:

- Rooney's current form, lets face it he always seems to score against us.

- The Carrick and Fellaini partnership, this has suprised me how potentially good it can be, even after two games.

- I also think out of last years top 6 teams, our left side defensively is the worst, relying on Kolarov to defend is suicide and I question Clichy's form this season. Let's not forget it was our left side that United tore apart in last years home derby.

I don't see an issue with us going forward as I see us creating chances in any game, it's just up to the strikers to to put the ball in the net, however, defensively I still don't trust our current system, especially against the big teams.

I would hope to see 4-3-3

Nasri-----------Sergio----------------Navas
---------Yaya---------------Milner-----------
---------------Fernandinho------------------
Clichy--Nastasic--Kompany--Zabaleta
---------------------Hart-------------------------

I will say this now though, this game is simply must win, if we lose I just see our confidence going to pot.

Plus if someone said to you at the start of the season that from the first 5 games we would only get 7 points from a possible 15 and in that we would lose to Cardiff away, draw to Stoke away and lose to United a home, you would question that person if he was for real and not joking.

I think we all expected more of the team in pre-season and after our spending in the transfer window.

Losing this game in my opinion would confirm a terrible start in the league for us.

Sam

have you considered getting uppers from your GP ??

just a thought pal.

man u will swamp the ref and linesmen at every decision especially giggs they do it regularly these days as palace found out but it shows in the derby most as last year they surrounded the officials at every decision including throw ins even if it was for themselves the rags have learnt to cheat well the three dives last week payed off well as they were awarded a first and winning goal .come on fa you have got your 3 billion now you dont need to pamper. well got that of me chest anyone got decent odds on which city player rio will physically attack this year its normally the smallest player or one being held i would go for nasri but i think rio is scared of his temper so i am going for navas

-----------------Hart---------------------
Zabba-Kompany-Nastasic-Kolarov
----------Ferna------Toure------------
--Navas------Aguero-------Jovetic--
--------------Negredo-----------------

5-1.

Stretfordian_Blue said:
-----------------Hart---------------------
Zabba-Kompany-Nastasic-Kolarov
----------Ferna------Toure------------
--Navas------Aguero-------Jovetic--
--------------Negredo-----------------

5-1.

i like that but take kolarov out for clichy looks like he's fit with silva

toffee balls said:
Sam

just a thought pal.

haha, maybe i need to mate.

i am just not confident at all with the way we are so open at the moment.<br /><br />-- Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:38 pm --<br /><br />
Goo said:
..........................Hart..........................
Zab.....Kompany....Nasty.....Kolarov
........Fernandinho...Yaya.................
Navas...............Kun...............Jovetic
.......................Dzeko.........................

3-0

Don't see why people are sweating so much and putting 3 men in midfield. We've restricted them to no shots on target with a two man midfield before. We're better, we'll win.

That was under Mancini though, under Pellegrini we seem to be all about going all guns blazing leaving us with huge holes between Yaya- Fernandinho and the defence.

If we want to win this game with Pellegrini's attacking philosophy we need to start pressing like mad and doing our attacking to defensive transition much quicker.

Bayern Munich last season were prime examples last season how well you need to do it,, going forward they got so many players forward but out of possession they got pretty much every single player back into their half ready to defend in no time, then repeated that for the whole game.

I have no worries in our ability to create chances, we have a great set of offensive midfielders that will give our strikers service, it's just up to the strikers to put the ball in the net.

We can't play the you have a shot we have shot game against the big teams.

sam-caddick said:
toffee balls said:
Sam

just a thought pal.

haha, maybe i need to mate.

i am just not confident at all with the way we are so open at the moment.

-- Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:38 pm --

Goo said:
..........................Hart..........................
Zab.....Kompany....Nasty.....Kolarov
........Fernandinho...Yaya.................
Navas...............Kun...............Jovetic
.......................Dzeko.........................

3-0

Don't see why people are sweating so much and putting 3 men in midfield. We've restricted them to no shots on target with a two man midfield before. We're better, we'll win.

That was under Mancini though, under Pellegrini we seem to be all about going all guns blazing leaving us with huge holes between Yaya- Fernandinho and the defence.

If we want to win this game with Pellegrini's attacking philosophy we need to start pressing like mad and doing our attacking to defensive transition much quicker.

Bayern Munich last season were prime examples last season how well you need to do it,, going forward they got so many players forward but out of possession they got pretty much every single player back into their half ready to defend in no time, then repeated that for the whole game.

I have no worries in our ability to create chances, we have a great set of offensive midfielders that will give our strikers service, it's just up to the strikers to put the ball in the net.

We can't play the you have a shot we have shot game against the big teams.

We always up our game against United. Everyone knows how important it is, so I'm confident we'll get our end of the tactics right!

I hope the victory against Pizen has inspired some leap in confidence and that the manager, players and coaches have really put the work in to fix the problems that were all too evident against Hull and then Stoke. If we don't step it up a few gears on Sunday we are going to lose - badly.

I almost don't want to go.

Goo said:
We always up our game against United. Everyone knows how important it is, so I'm confident we'll get our end of the tactics right!

I hope so mate.

Like I said I don't think we should be worrying about us going forward, it's overall as a team defensively that will cost us if we are to lose.

Our left side is dire defensively in my opinion, the worst out of the top 6, Kolarov is average and Clichy's form has been a bit off for me this season, plus it was our left side that United tore apart in the last home derby.

Yaya has to get more forward and influence us in attack, in defence I think he is a little easy to play against because if you press him he is shaky and I don't think he is the most mobile when he gets turned, in attack the oppostion fear him the most.

United will score, Rooney and Van Persie are too good not to and I can see them scoring at least two on Sunday.

Just watched the golden goals thing on the OS and they had a goal from Trabelsi. Now there's a player I'd forgotten ever existed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.