The Manchester Derby Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of performances it is as we would expect going into the game, the rags got a good win last night, sloppy at times at the back and were there for the taking on the right hand side with evra and kagawa, if they play those two again then Navas could have a lot of luck. But Valencia will look at our left hand side and think the same. Rooney looks bang on form, his touch and passing was absolutely class and he will have to be marshalled well by Fernandinho and Kompany whilst Nasty keeps and eye on Van Persie. Depends what the two teams lineup as. At home I think Pellegrini will be keen to shape up similarly to how we did last night and have an attacking lineup, I think Giggs may come in for Kagawa to offer more protection but I think they will be quite attacking too. Whilst Fellaini was good, Carrick gave the ball away numerous times and looked out of sorts. If we win the midfield battle we most definitely can beat them. We are even better on the counter attack now and have more pace in the middle to deal with theirs. Fernandinho will need to track the runners when they break. Will be a cracker of a game and a lot will depend on whether we pack the midfield or not. Really tough to call, after the rags performance last night I am not as confident and think it could go either way, we need to take our chances and hope that lady luck means they don't score from every shot again like last time!

I can see them getting 2, Rooney and a goal of a set-piece. I think we'll need 3 to win and I reckon we will

SkyBlueUSA said:
I can see this being a goal fest. The question is, will Moyes play for a draw though at the Etihad?

0 - 0 bored draw written all over it. either that or a 1 or 2 nil win for city. Cant see us losing.

First time poster... have read the forum a bit over the years... yes I'm a United fan.

Looking ahead to Sunday, do you expect City to play 4-4-2? I think you'd be missing a trick if you didn't play a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 and have a spare man in midfield picking up Rooney between the lines. He's in good form and has a great Etihad record but if you can keep him quiet and have someone like Rodwell or Milner close to him, I think that might blunt us a little.

Valencia vs Kolarov could be fun from our perspective - is Clichy going to be fit? And will Silva make it?

I'd imagine we'd set up like this:

-------------------------De Gea-----------------------

Rafael*-------Rio------------Vidic----------Evra

---------------Carrick---------Fellaini--------------

Valencia------------Rooney------------Kagawa

---------------------------RVP---------------------------

*hopefully fit, trained this week.

I'd expect you to have more of the ball and in recent years Yaya Toure has caused a lot of problems with his power and direct running in midfield, and we've pathetically had the likes of Park, Cleverley etc mowed down. Bit more confident about shackling him on Sunday with Fellaini in there.

Navas against Evra is a worry; our left-back has been excellent going forward so far this season but it's remarkable how many goals we concede come down his side. He leaves a lot of space in behind and doesn't get tight enough. That said, in the big games, he's usually a bit more switched on.

Prediction: 1-1

Burnage Red said:
First time poster... have read the forum a bit over the years... yes I'm a United fan.

Looking ahead to Sunday, do you expect City to play 4-4-2? I think you'd be missing a trick if you didn't play a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 and have a spare man in midfield picking up Rooney between the lines. He's in good form and has a great Etihad record but if you can keep him quiet and have someone like Rodwell or Milner close to him, I think that might blunt us a little.

Valencia vs Kolarov could be fun from our perspective - is Clichy going to be fit? And will Silva make it?

I'd imagine we'd set up like this:

-------------------------De Gea-----------------------

Rafael*-------Rio------------Vidic----------Evra

---------------Carrick---------Fellaini--------------

Valencia------------Rooney------------Kagawa

---------------------------RVP---------------------------

*hopefully fit, trained this week.

I'd expect you to have more of the ball and in recent years Yaya Toure has caused a lot of problems with his power and direct running in midfield, and we've pathetically had the likes of Park, Cleverley etc mowed down. Bit more confident about shackling him on Sunday with Fellaini in there.

Navas against Evra is a worry; our left-back has been excellent going forward so far this season but it's remarkable how many goals we concede come down his side. He leaves a lot of space in behind and doesn't get tight enough. That said, in the big games, he's usually a bit more switched on.

Prediction: 1-1

FFS Moyes, fuck off and do your own homework ;0)

3-0 To us

Negredo
Navas
Nasri

Triple "N" Day!<br /><br />-- September 18th, 2013, 7:41 pm --<br /><br />
paul_blue said:
Ducado said:
paul_blue said:
I've got a really bad feeling Fellaini 1-0
Do you ever get these feelings for good things? Like lottery numbers?

I'll let you know tomorrow!! :)

Cheer up Mr Doom and Gloom.
We will beat them, we are better than them.

Tuearts right boot said:
Huggy Bear to score....sods law

Didn't know you were a racist!
Are_you_right_there_father_ted.jpg

Usually, whoever wins the midfield battle win the game.

Yaya & Fernandinho VS Carrick & Fellaini

Nasri & Navas VS Valencia & Nani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.