The Manchester Derby Pre match Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i'm not going this time which should mean a city win. I came over from Sweden, where I now live, for last year's derby and we all know what happened. My old man told me never to set foot in the ground again. From that game i remember how often we got caught on the counter attack with Shrek enjoying time and space and of course at the end, us handing them the free kick.....that's where Kolarov worries me..with van persie's left foot free kick's from that side. That's why i think he'll put Milner in front of kolarov. Hopefully navas to start on the other side to give evra a work out and toure further forward once more, winning some of our own free kicks against Carrick. it's going to be close

A lot depends obviously on what team Moyes puts out. I think they should have exactly the same concerns as us. I would not play 3 in the middle, my only change from midweek would be Milner instead of Navas only because Milner usually plays well in the big games, he will work hard off the ball and his movement is still good enough to find space in behind Evra. Our left hand side with Nasri (deserves to start) and Kolorov will be where they look to exploit with Valencia. If they play Kagawa their left hand side is similarly exposed though. I think I would play;

-----------------------Hart

Zab--------Komp--------Nasty-------Kolorov

-------------------Fernandinho

Milner-------------------Yaya------Nasri

-----------------Aguero
----------------------------Dzeko

Our sides now are actually very comparable, and man for man we are the better team. They will probably play Carrick and Fellaini in the middle and Welbeck or Kagawa on the left with Rooney floating around the pitch as Aguero does and Van Persie up front. Valencia will provide pace. We can either play to limit that by having Milner out wide or packing the midfield but I think we would be better to match it with a loose 4-4-2 and should things stretch late on bring on Navas for that injection of pace. The Rags will attack us so we will create chances it is in other games where we need width.

Hart
Zabaleta
Kompany
Nastasic
Kolarov
Fernandhino
Yaya
Navas
Jovetic
Nasri
Aguero

I've got nerves, but no actual fears. Absent from really shady referring or some jammy shit (both entirely possible, I might add) we'll beat them comfortably, and perhaps extravagantly .

Hart
Zab Kompany Nastasic Kolarov
Fernandinho
Yaya Nasri
Navas Aguero
Dzeko

3-1 (late consolation for them) or 4-0.

We really are simply better than them. We should all admit that to ourselves. Things happen in football, but if the best team is to win, it'll be us.

Surely i'm not alone in recognising Negredo's a better choice than Dzeko?

He's more mobile and powerful and wont give their centre halves a second to relax.For me,he also adds more to the team dynamic and plays the target man much better allowing our latino boys more time and opportunity to play.

If we play 4 in.midfield we will get overrun....Rooney will drop deep to make a 5th man and play inbetween the lines...

Aguero can do.this for.us but is not.that string in that position as rooney or indeed as tevez was for us
I thik if pellers plays wthr same.system as he has dione so far we will get beat....just my opinion

"David silva and Micah Richards are both back in training but Sunday likely to come too soon for either to be involved in the squad," said City boss Pellegrini, who insists he is well aware of the importance of claiming local bragging rights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.