The "Manchester" Snow Thread

OxBlue said:
BillyMC said:
You must like your job Levets!! I opened the curtains and then went back to bed.

it's about 7-8" up here in Rammy and still coming down, no meetings today, so working form home...lovely.

Although I've got to get the kids from Nursery later, looks like I'll be walking and dragging them back on a sledge like a f**king Huskie.

Have you informed work your not turning in fella...have you fuck!!

Live in Warrington, work down Portland Street in Manchester. Cars snowed in, taxi's running light, buses not operating and huge delays to the trains. Safe to say I'm still at home.

chinley blues said:
BillyMC said:
All you townies moaning about a bit of snow....you've no idea what real hardship is and what us High Peakers have to go through....honestly your pathetic...kids round here have to cut sheep open and crawl inside to survive.

PS 11 inches here...just measured it with me knob.
where in the peak are you mate

Tinsel town

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Mancity17 said:
Im in middelton and its Mental down here it shocked me when i looked out looks like the cars are snowed in :O

I got out of our estate in Littleborough, took my wife to work up Whitworth Rd and got back. Only two wheels driving. Got stuck on the way back, twenty metres from the drive. Seems that we are on the edge of it for once but City of Manchester (not the stadium but Manchester postcodes) is copping for it.

i live on whitworth rd,thought every one was gettin carried away,but like you say looks like we are just on the edge of it for a change,you ever go in royal oak?

Its in The Blood said:
Ok, if it is called off, I take it that we would then play the Home leg on the 19th or would it be next Wednesday?

Dukinfield under about 8", so sorry just measured it with my manhood, its 14" deep...... ;-)
Totally impressed cos it shrinks when it's cold! lol

th_100_0513.jpg

rickmcfc said:
m27 said:
It's easier to get to work driving a tractor though ;-)

I live in Swinton and work in Parbold on the other side of Wigan. After getting stuck in Wigan just before Christmas when the snow wasn't even as bad as this, there was no way I was risking it today. I genuinely can't remember snow this deep before in the Worsley/Swinton area. Madness.
im in worsley and its just bedlam, 2 hours to do roughly 0.5 miles. parked up, and walked home. there is a foot of snow here now easily, and its not stopping yet!!!

I know. It's at times like this I remember how worryingly close we are to t'hills of Bolton. I hold Gary Megson entirely reponsible for all this.

Dubai Blue said:
Godfather said:
Villa Blackburn is on because the snow hasnt reached the midlands yet, i live in Rugby near Coventry, no sign of snow yet, just a bit chilly. It is due soon though.
It's at Blackburn tonight and Ewood Park is currently under about 6 inches of snow. Doubt it'll go ahead.
I

I live in Darwen at the moors end and today I turned round from heading to work (Preston) before the town centre. None of the roads gritted and it took over an hour to get near the town centre and normally it's less than 5 minutes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.