The Mancini appointment over 2 years on...

hgblue said:
Despite what people who bang on about stability might say, I see no negative to replacing your manager with a better one ;).
Well, it doesn't mean he will do better nor guaranteed.

-- Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:15 pm --

hgblue said:
levets said:
hgblue said:
Despite what people who bang on about stability might say, I see no negative to replacing your manager with a better one ;).

And who is this 'better one'?

Hughes ------- Mancini. I'm not falling for that one mate ;)
Ooh getchya ;)<br /><br />-- Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:15 pm --<br /><br />
hgblue said:
levets said:
hgblue said:

Hughes ------- Mancini. I'm not falling for that one mate ;)
Ooh getchya ;)

Bojinov The Bull said:
Watched the bluemoon rising dvd last night and it obviously covered that stage when Hughes got sacked and Mancini came in and THAT press conference. It was interesting to see now looking back just how well we really did after he came in that season, we were in real danger at the time of just finishing 6th or 7th but in the end narrowly missed out on the Champions League and Carling Cup final because of Mancini's excellent management.

Since then he's been through a tougher time than probably any manager has ever been through (and still survived with his job!) with all the various stories that happened, the 'player uprisings', media continually on his back, Tevez wanting to leave, having to win the league or he's finished etc...etc...

Look at the position we are in now and it really was a masterstroke by the Sheikh and Khaldoon to sack Hughes at that point and get Mancini in, the perfect man for the job. They made the tough decision and it paid dividends, has Khaldoon ever made even a remotely bad decision since he came? I dont think so. We literally couldn't have got better owners if we tried. The thing that really stands out for me though above everything is just how classy they are in the face of everything thats happened, they never react to anything, never make stupid statements, everything is always ultra ultra professional all the time.

When you think about this its for a while it's no wonder the press, the refs and the rags are all running scared!

Have to disagree slightly there had Hughes been sacked at the end of his 1st season and Macini been brought in then to start with his own players, that would have been a masterstroke. There are very very few City fans who disagree with that Hughes was out of his depth and did not deserve the time he got.

Mancio said:
levets said:
hgblue said:

mcleish
Oh dear

28vzlu8.jpg

Mike D said:
Bojinov The Bull said:
Watched the bluemoon rising dvd last night and it obviously covered that stage when Hughes got sacked and Mancini came in and THAT press conference. It was interesting to see now looking back just how well we really did after he came in that season, we were in real danger at the time of just finishing 6th or 7th but in the end narrowly missed out on the Champions League and Carling Cup final because of Mancini's excellent management.

Since then he's been through a tougher time than probably any manager has ever been through (and still survived with his job!) with all the various stories that happened, the 'player uprisings', media continually on his back, Tevez wanting to leave, having to win the league or he's finished etc...etc...

Look at the position we are in now and it really was a masterstroke by the Sheikh and Khaldoon to sack Hughes at that point and get Mancini in, the perfect man for the job. They made the tough decision and it paid dividends, has Khaldoon ever made even a remotely bad decision since he came? I dont think so. We literally couldn't have got better owners if we tried. The thing that really stands out for me though above everything is just how classy they are in the face of everything thats happened, they never react to anything, never make stupid statements, everything is always ultra ultra professional all the time.

When you think about this its for a while it's no wonder the press, the refs and the rags are all running scared!

Have to disagree slightly there had Hughes been sacked at the end of his 1st season and Macini been brought in then to start with his own players, that would have been a masterstroke. There are very very few City fans who disagree with that Hughes was out of his depth and did not deserve the time he got.

I think you are using hindsight massively there, Hughes brought in some excellent players, De Jong, Kompany, Lescott, Tevez, Bellamy, Zabaleta to name but a few in his first season, so you dont think he deserved a shot at actually going for the top 4 in his second season? Hughes had a massive say in where we are now and in general spent the money well aside from RSC to have just got him in, let him buy a lot of good players then sack him to let another manager come in would never have been done which is why you aren't running the club.

They gave him a fair shot, they realised he wasnt going to make it happen so they sacked him just in time to let another manager come in and sort it out, they did it well in my opinion aside from how they actually handled the Hughes sacking.

Bojinov The Bull said:
Mike D said:
Bojinov The Bull said:

I think you are using hindsight massively there, Hughes brought in some excellent players, De Jong, Kompany, Lescott, Tevez, Bellamy, Zabaleta to name but a few in his first season, so you dont think he deserved a shot at actually going for the top 4 in his second season? Hughes had a massive say in where we are now and in general spent the money well aside from RSC to have just got him in, let him buy a lot of good players then sack him to let another manager come in would never have been done which is why you aren't running the club.

They gave him a fair shot, they realised he wasnt going to make it happen so they sacked him just in time to let another manager come in and sort it out, they did it well in my opinion aside from how they actually handled the Hughes sacking.

Whilst I agree to an extent I think if you look at the money Hughes spent compared with what Mancini has spent I think Hughes showed a lot of naivity in the transfer market.

Lescott for £24m, Jo for £19m, RSC for £19m plus then you throw Robinho into the mix too.

However he did bring in some gems too like Bellemy, De Jong, Vinny & Zab but overall he failed to get the best out of them otherwise he would have still been in a job.

Personally I wanted Hughes sacked after the Forest game in the cup and was relieved that he went when he did. Mancini so far has performed far better than my expectations but still it could be better.

iwastherein81 said:
when sven left and we were looking for a manager i touted the name mancini on herei have to be honest and didnt think it would be a first choice name and i was right
almost every person on here that replied said "no not for me" or similar
i am not saying i told you so or i was right all along
mancini is not what i was expecting
and certainly has done better than many expected
a lot of which is down to the new and very prof manner in which city seem to be run nowadays
i am still not totally vonvinced by him but fair play he has delivered a cup and maybe just maybe more to come

managers come and go as do players but i will be a city fan always
ctid

Maybe you used a different user name in the past but you're joining date would suggest you weren't here when Sven was sacked

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.