The Mancini appointment over 2 years on...

It wasn't cooks call to fire Hughes , peoffrey, it was a call taken in abu dhabi. Cook just handled the media and player side of it- very badly of course.

The first law of blue moon states that:

If someone wishes to discuss the attributes of any manager the discussion has to be about Hughes.

Thought this was going to be a threead about how Bobby has done in his two years. Pretty damn good by my reckoning (And I was not a Hughes outer)

Roberto and his back room team have worked wonders this season after all the fun and games off the pitch.

We are top of the league and remain top even after the constant attempts by fergie and his rent boys to destabilise us, consistant muck raking by Sky and the red tops to destroy team unity and morale and the whole Tevez saga.

We have had a few bad results this year but have managed to bounce back and we are slowly gaining the self belief that this is the new professional City and success should be earned and welcomed.

Look where we are now, its not just down to money.Dont forget we have spent big before- many of us can remember the Alison period in the 70s. I hope Roberto stays for along time-we owe him a massive amount.

Timperleyblue said:
iwastherein81 said:
when sven left and we were looking for a manager i touted the name mancini on herei have to be honest and didnt think it would be a first choice name and i was right
almost every person on here that replied said "no not for me" or similar
i am not saying i told you so or i was right all along
mancini is not what i was expecting
and certainly has done better than many expected
a lot of which is down to the new and very prof manner in which city seem to be run nowadays
i am still not totally vonvinced by him but fair play he has delivered a cup and maybe just maybe more to come

managers come and go as do players but i will be a city fan always
ctid

Maybe you used a different user name in the past but you're joining date would suggest you weren't here when Sven was sacked

What? Sven was sacked in June 2008 after tour of Thailand! Timperley Blue joined in April 2008.

For the record, i was upset when we decided to get rid of Hughes. However, Mancini has developed the club at every level since he took over and the proffesionalism and business acumen of our owners is unequalled in todays football IMO.

The next thing they will probably do is build a grand prix circuit around the Etihad Stadium.

Personally I was never happy with the Hughes appointment, but that's just a personal opinion and one that has already had too much 'air time' on here as it wasn't what the original topic asked?

I've been delighted with the contribution Roberto Mancini has made to Manchester City thus far. Last season was a dream and yet this season could possibly be even more sensational. He took a lot of undeserved flack last season for the way he went about setting the team up for certain games, yet the overall objective (and more) were eventually achieved without the resulting media credit this undoubtedly deserved. The delivery of Champions League football along with our first trophy for over three decades cannot be ignored.

The resulting turning off the handbrake on our style of play this season didn't surprise me one bit. He had got to know his players strengths and weakness by now. Simple logic really.

Should we fail to win the title this year I'd strongly advocate for the club to not panic and stick with him as I'm convinced he will eventually deliver. Chopping and changing managers has never really done City any good over a long term period and after what he has already brought to the club, in my opinion he deserves 'the time' to fully implement his plans.

Forza Mancini.

Blue Lloyd said:
Personally I was never happy with the Hughes appointment, but that's just a personal opinion and one that has already had too much 'air time' on here as it wasn't what the original topic asked?

I've been delighted with the contribution Roberto Mancini has made to Manchester City thus far. Last season was a dream and yet this season could possibly be even more sensational. He took a lot of undeserved flack last season for the way he went about setting the team up for certain games, yet the overall objective (and more) were eventually achieved without the resulting media credit this undoubtedly deserved. The delivery of Champions League football along with our first trophy for over three decades cannot be ignored.

The resulting turning off the handbrake on our style of play this season didn't surprise me one bit. He had got to know his players strengths and weakness by now. Simple logic really.

Should we fail to win the title this year I'd strongly advocate for the club to not panic and stick with him as I'm convinced he will eventually deliver. Chopping and changing managers has never really done City any good over a long term period and after what he has already brought to the club, in my opinion he deserves 'the time' to fully implement his plans.

Forza Mancini.
Very well said Sir

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.